A barcode (also bar code) is an optical, machine-readable, representation of data; the data usually describes something about the object that carries the barcode. Barcodes are widely used to capture and identify inventory data.
How to enable barcode scanning in QuickBooks
- Go to the Gear icon ⚙ and select Company Settings.
- Click the Sales tab on the left navigation panel and select the Barcode Scanning checkbox in the Products and services section.
- Click Save and then Done.
How to add barcode to an item
To learn more about creating an inventory item, please refer to this article.
To add a barcode to an item, do the following in the Product/Service information dialog for the specific item.
- In the Products and Services list, click New or click Edit against an existing item.
- Scroll to the field named Barcode.
- Click into this field and scan the barcode on the item.
- This will fill in a numeric barcode value into the Barcode field.
- Click Save and close at the bottom.
How to use a barcoded item in invoices/bills
- Select + New.
- Select Invoice/Bill (or any other sales or purchase form).
- Place the cursor in the Product/Service column.
- Scan the barcoded product.
- The item details will be auto-filled for the selected product. (Please note: The quantity will need to be edited as needed. Scanning a product multiple times will not change the Qty number. Instead it will add a new line item.)
- Repeat steps 3 and 4 if you have more items to be added.
- Save the transaction.
- USB based and Bluetooth barcode scanners can be used.
- A compatible barcode scanner is one that mimics a keyboard input event. i.e., the barcode will be input as a numeric value even if it is a Word or Notepad document.
Things to note
- Barcode is available on Inventory items only.
- QR Codes are not supported as of now.
- Import of Products and Services list does not include barcodes as of now.
- A single barcode can't be used for more than one item. In case a barcode already exists in the system, this error message will be displayed- 'Looks like this barcode already exists. Try using a different barcode.'
- On a sales/purchase form, do not scan the same item twice. Instead, increase its quantity in the QTY field. Scanning the same item twice will cause the barcode to get populated next to the product name and ask for a new product to be created.
- Barcode is available as a column in the Products and Services list.
- On a sales/purchase form, scanning a barcode for a new product that does not exist in the Products and Services list will display an option to create a new product. However, the barcode will be picked up as a name and not as the barcode.
- Barcodes are not available in Reports as of now.
- Barcodes can't be used to perform searches for the respective items in the Products and Services list. This search will only work on transaction forms.