Learn how to set up alerts for low or out of stock products in QuickBooks Online.
Do you track your products’ quantity on hand? Set up low stock alerts to keep tabs on your inventory. A low stock alert is the threshold when you should reorder more of an inventory item. We’ll help you set them up, so you’ll always have what your customers want. Here's how.
Set up your products’ low stock alerts
You have two ways to set up your products’ low stock alerts.
- If you have new products, you can enter low stock alerts when you add what you sell in QuickBooks.
- If you have saved products that don’t have low stock alerts, edit those products to add. Follow the steps below to do this.
Edit a product to add a low stock alert
- Go to Sales, then Products and Services.
- Find the product you want to have a low stock alert.
- Select Edit ✎ in the Action column.
- In the Low stock alert field, add the threshold when you should reorder more stock.
- Select Save and close.
Next steps: Check what’s running low or out of stock
You can prioritise ordering the products you need the most. Once you set up your low stock alerts, here’s how to check if you have low stock or out of stock items.
- Go to Sales then Products and Services.
- At the top, you’ll quickly see if you have low stock or out of stock items. Select Low stock or Out of stock to see those products.
- If you have low stock or out of stock alerts, here's how to reorder inventory with QuickBooks.