The helpline for support on QuickBooks India payroll has changed to 080 3959 1100. This helpline will be operational from Monday to Friday, 9:30 AM to 6:00 PM.
Prior to Run Payroll, ensure that you have updated employee creations, master changes and salary revisions if any.
- To run payroll, click the Employees tab from the left navigation and then click Run Payroll at the top right of the page.
Note: Run Payroll 6-step flow. The flow that you are on will have its number shaded in blue. The rest will be greyed out.
- Select the location(s) to process payroll for. If there is only one location, it will be selected by default and you'll automatically move to the next tab.
- Click Next to enter Attendance details.
- Click the + sign to enter employee wise Loss of Pay details manually.
- Click the arrow icon to upload attendance in bulk.
- Updated Loss of Pay details will be accounted for salary calculations for the month against standard working days.
- Loss of Pay details can be accounted automatically in column FROM-LMS if the Leave Management module is enabled.
- Loss of Pay details can be accounted automatically in column FROM-ATTENDANCE if Biometric attendance is integrated with the Leave Management module.
- Depending on the biometric attendance rule configuration, Late Occurrence can be calculated and used for appropriate salary calculations.
- Click Next to enter Pay Adjustment details.
- To update variable payments like incentives, shift allowances, bonus etc., double-click the employee grid to edit existing records.
- Click the + sign to enter employee wise/component wise pay details manually.
- Click the arrow to upload bulk Pay Adjustment details using an excel sheet.
- Click Next to select employees to Run Payroll.
- Click Next to confirm payroll output.
- Double-click an employee in the employee grid to view employee pay details and click the Back button to correct or update additions in payroll.
- Click Next to complete payroll.
- If needed, click Download Salary Register.
- Select Lock payroll and Post JV entry to post a journal entry to QuickBooks.
- Click Done to finalise payroll for the month.
- Clicking Done without checking Lock payroll and Post JV entry processes the payroll, but does not post an accounting entry to QuickBooks.
- Payroll cannot be reprocessed until you unlock payroll once the journal entry is posted. To unlock the current payroll, go to the Employees page and click the drop-down arrow next to Run Payroll and select Unlock payroll. Unlock payroll can be done for the current processed payroll only and will not allow to unock of prior months.
- Select the latest payroll period from the Month drop-down, remove the tick from the relevant location and then click Save. This process will delete the journal entry that was posted to QuickBooks. Once done, payroll can be reprocessed.
- After you run payroll, go to Reports to generate salary reports and statutory/compliance reports.