QuickBooks Online allows you to invite different users through the Manage Users page. If you'd like to give your accountant access to your company, see the steps below.
- Sign in to QuickBooks Online (QBO).
- Select the Settings ⚙️ icon then Manage Users.
- Select Add User.
- Select Company admin.
- Check This user is my accountant. Note: This step doesn't apply to Simple Start subscriptions.
- Select Next.
- Enter the accountant's name and email address. Save.
- Your accountant will be sent an email with a link to sign into your QBO company.
- Your accountant will be asked to create a user ID before signing in the first time, unless they already have an account with Intuit Business Services.
- Until your accountant signs in, their status will remain as Invited on the Manage Users page. After accepting the invitation, their status changes to Active.
- Click Next
- Click Finish.
What does this mean to you?
- Your accountant will have access to all of the features available in your version of QBO.
- You can invite up to two accountants.
- Accountant users have additional privileges that allow them to undo entire reconciliations, reclassify transactions and write off invoices.