Learn how to update the email account attached to your QuickBooks Online and QuickBooks payment accounts.
Need to change the email address you use to sign in to QuickBooks Online You have a few options:
- Sign in to your Intuit account and edit your password.
- Open QuickBooks Online and select Settings ⚙. Then select User Profile.
- Follow these steps if you need to change your master admin access.
- Follow these steps if you're an accountant and want to change your clients' info.
If you can’t sign in and you don't have access to the email address you used, don’t worry. You can fill out an Email Change Request form and attach a copy of your photo ID. The ID needs to be clear, ledgible, and of the account owner or administrator.
We’ll process your request within 3-4 hours during normal business hours (8 AM – 5 PM PT). When we’re done, you’ll get an email from email@example.com with the next steps.
Get help with your email change request
- Make sure your photo ID is clear and legible. It must be a valid driver’s license; state, province or government-issued ID; or a government-issued passport.
- It also needs to be a photo ID of the account owner or administrator.
- Make sure the details you submitted match your photo ID exactly.
If you still need help, please reach out to us:
- US: 800.488.7330 (Monday-Friday, 6 AM to 6 PM PST and Sat, 6 AM to 3 PM PST)
- Canada: 833.317.2226 (Monday-Friday 9 AM to 8 PM ET)
- Mexico: 01.800.461.0093 (Monday-Friday 9 AM to 8 PM PST)