Learn how to run basic reports in QuickBooks.
Financial reports give you a snapshot of your business. There are dozens of reports that tell you about different aspects of your business. Some focus on sales, others focus on your spending, and some look at parts of each.
Here's an overview of how to run basic reports.
And if you want more details, you can customise reports to focus on specific accounts or filter for specific things.
Run basic financial reports
- Go to the Reports menu.
- Use the Find report by name search bar to search for reports by name. You can also browse the list.
- Select the report to open it.
Note: If you change the dates or add filters to the report, select Run report to apply them.
Learn more about customising financial reports.
Run reports for specific accounts
You can also focus on a specific account instead of running reports for everything.
- Go to Settings ⚙ and select Chart of Accounts.
- Find the account.
- Select the Action ▼ dropdown and then Run report.
Set up general report preferences
- Select the Gear icon at the top, then Account and settings
- Select Advanced on the left.
- In the Accounting section, select the pencil icon.
- Select the Accounting method drop-down and choose Accrual or Cash.
- Save your changes.
Do more with reports in QuickBooks
Learn more about report features and specific reports to get the info you need: