You can use reports in QuickBooks Online to get a snapshot of various aspects of your business.
See available reports
Select Reports from the left menu.
- In the Find report by name search bar, enter the report name to quickly locate the report you need or browse the categories listed.
- Select the report to open it.
Run account reports
You can also generate account specific reports through the Chart of Accounts.
- Select the Gear icon at the top then Chart of Accounts.
- Find the appropriate account then in the Action column, select:
- View register (or Account history) drop-down and choose Run report (for Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable and most Balance Sheet accounts).
- Run report (for Sales, Bad Debts and most Income and Expense accounts).
Set up general report preferences
- Select the Gear icon at the top, then Account and Settings (or Company Settings).
- Select Company (or Advanced) on the left.
- In the Accounting section, select the pencil icon.
- Select the Accounting method drop-down and choose Accrual or Cash.
- Save your changes.
Note: Reports default to the accounting method you set in the Company Settings.
To learn more about customising reports, see How to customise reports.
- Select the Printer icon.
- Make the necessary adjustments in print settings.
- Select Print.
Print wide reports
If you are printing wide reports and some of the columns don't print, try any of these suggestions:
- Resize columns in a report.
- Remove unnecessary columns.
- Make the margins smaller.
- Change the orientation to landscape.
- Print on legal-size paper.
- Scale the page by a percentage. Check your Printer Setup properties to see if your printer driver supports scaling.
Update header/footer of printed reports
When you print reports, the QuickBooks Online URL and other information at the top and bottom of printed report can be removed by going through the browser settings.
- Select the Email icon.
- Check report preview, then select Email.
- Enter or update recipient email address, subject and report title.
- Select Send.
Select the Export icon then choose Export to Excel or Export to PDF. You can use Export to Excel if you want to change the fonts, colours, or other aspects of the visual appearance or if you want to complete further customisation of your report. For detailed steps, see How to export reports to Excel.