Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Have a question you would like to ask our community of experts and fellow QuickBooks Accountants and SMB's? Post a question here
Level 1

Please help me to record payment and tax adjustment

1 Comment 1
QuickBooks Team

Please help me to record payment and tax adjustment

I have some steps on how you can make tax adjustments, usertaxcongulbarga.


When you enter a tax adjustment, QuickBooks will automatically create a journal entry to show the adjustment in the Tax Detail report.


To enter a Tax Adjustment, here's how:


  1. Click Taxes on the left panel.
  2. Select the agency you want to perform the adjustment for from the Tax drop-down menu. Alternatively, click the right or left arrows on the carousel to select the relevant agency (GSTVAT & CST, and Service Tax).
  3. You would be taken back to the Tax Centre page and here you can verify that the Tax Payable balance shown for the agency has been updated.
  4. In the Action column, click Record Payment (or click the drop-down arrow and select Record Payment) and record the tax payment.

For more information, you can read this article: What is Tax Adjustment and how do I use it?.


Please let me know in the comments, if you need more help with regard taxes or other concerns in QuickBooks Online. Thanks.