Discover a whole new way of doing business with our new QuickBooks Desktop Enterprise with Hosting. It offers protected anytime, anywhere, and on any device access to your data. Your team all works with the same information, at the same time - no matter where they are and no matter if they're using a Mac, PC, or tablet. Now, everyone can get more done.
Intuit Hosting Powered by Right Networks
New to hosting FAQs
Can I have third party apps?
- To view a full list of third party apps, visit the Right Networks Application Directory
How long does onboarding take?
How many users can I have?
- Your Right Networks users need to match your QuickBooks user count. Example; If you have a 5 User Enterprise Solution subscription, you can have up to 5 hosting users.
How do I add users to Right Networks?
- If you already purchased the right number of QuickBooks users and just need to create Right Networks users, you can add them through the Right Networks My Account Portal or by contacting Right Networks support.
- If you need to add more QuickBooks and Right Networks users, you can contact us to add more seats to your QuickBooks license. Once you've added additional QuickBooks users, you can then add the same number of Right Networks users.
What does hosting mean?
- Hosting is another term for in the cloud. It means your QuickBooks software and data are stored (hosted) on an enterprise-level web server at a protected facility, instead of locally on your office computer. You access them over a protected Internet connection rather than via your local network.
- You're not tied down to your office to run QuickBooks Desktop Enterprise. You can access it anywhere, anytime, and on any device, including Mac.
How safe is my hosted data?
- We offer our hosting service through Right Networks, one of the leading providers of enterprise-level hosting. Enterprise-class anti-virus technology, firewalls, encryption and multi-layer access controls help protect your files and transmissions. Right Networks IT professionals continuously monitors the system and handles all updates and upgrades.
What are the benefits of choosing QuickBooks Desktop Enterprise with Hosting over QuickBooks Desktop Enterprise (local access only)?
- Anywhere, anytime access to applications and data
- With your applications and data hosted, you can connect anytime from anywhere with an Internet connection using a simple client program. Simply launch the remote access application and log in with your user ID and password. Your QuickBooks Desktop Enterprise is ready to use. There's virtually nothing new to learn because the software looks and works just like it does on your PC.
- Data security
- QuickBooks Desktop Enterprise is hosted in top-of-the-line data centers that provide true enterprise-class scalability and reliability, including full-time security personnel, closed-circuit video surveillance, continuous and redundant power systems with backup generators, fully redundant network systems with multiple-backbone access, advanced network firewalls, and hazard avoidance and alert systems.
- If a disaster strikes your office, you'll be able to access your business-critical information from computers at another site. Whether the disaster is as small as a PC crash or as catastrophic as a hurricane, QuickBooks Desktop Enterprise with Hosting can help keep your business running.
- Data protection and backup
- We protect your hosted data with encrypted transmission, firewalls, multi-layer access controls, and encrypted backups. In addition, your data is automatically scanned with enterprise-class antivirus technology. We back up your hosted data nightly, and retain backups for 90 days. So, if you accidentally delete a file, it may be recoverable.
- No server or network maintenance required
- If you currently store your company data on file servers on your network, you know how much time and money it takes to keep the systems patched, scanned for viruses, access-controlled, etc., in addition to the hassles and risks of making the servers available from remote locations. You can eliminate the need to have servers and virtual private networks (VPNs) in your office. Instead, keep your data in a protected data center, and stay focused on your business.
- And with your applications running in Right Networks data centers, you no longer need to install and maintain them on your own computer. All you need on your PC is a simple client program that is built into Windows Vista and Windows 7.8
Do I need my own network?
- No. The Internet is the only network you'll need, and if you're reading this, you've already got it!
How long does it take to learn?
- If you're familiar with QuickBooks Desktop Enterprise, no time at all. QuickBooks Desktop Enterprise with Hosting has the same look and feel. If you're new to QuickBooks, we offer multiple ways to get up-to-speed fast, including the comprehensive support site, Everything Enterprise, which includes exclusive training videos for Full Service Plan members (login and valid Full Service Membership required).
- Right Networks provides 24/7 support. If you have any questions, its experts are there to help you.
How does the speed compare to running it on my PC?
- As with any Internet-based service, you'll need a good-quality, fast Internet connection. While experiences may vary, some customers have noticed improved speed and functionality after switching. In addition, you can increase the number of users without losing performance.
What is the difference between QuickBooks Online and QuickBooks Desktop Enterprise with Hosting?
- Both are Internet-accessible solutions, but QuickBooks Online is designed for early-stage businesses that don't require advanced features and functionality. QuickBooks Desktop Enterprise with the Hosting Service offers advanced functionality for growing, small-to-mid-sized businesses that are managing more complexity and may operate from multiple locations or facilities.
- Additionally, you access QuickBooks Online directly through a Web browser. Most Hosting Service users access their QuickBooks Desktop Enterprise through a remote access application, although it can also be accessed directly through Internet Explorer.
How does Microsoft Word and Excel work with QuickBooks Desktop Enterprise with Hosting? And how does my email work?
- Microsoft Word and Excel work with QuickBooks Desktop Enterprise and the Hosting Service the same way as they do with the desktop version. If you have Microsoft Word and Excel installed, you can export QuickBooks Desktop Enterprise reports to Excel and estimates, invoices and statements to Word.
- Additionally, if you'd like to access hosted versions of Word and Excel over the Internet, you can lease Microsoft Office directly from Right Networks for an additional fee. Your Enterprise Hosting Service will cover the hosting for those applications at no additional charge, and you can access them over the same connection.
- For your email, you have several options. You can use QuickBooks email services, configure QuickBooks to use Web mail, or add Outlook to your Right Networks account.
What to expect after purchase
Who do I call for support?
- For questions related to QuickBooks usage, Error messages, Payroll, Intuit Payments, or adding users , Contact Intuit.
- For Questions related to adding shortcuts, apps, getting the latest software year installed, or inability to log in to the Right Networks environment, Contact Right Networks.