QuickBooks Online Payments
I already have a QuickBooks Payments account. Where can I go for help?
For self-help support, please check our online support:
- Desktop FAQs Usage: https://community.intuit.com/browse/QuickBooks-Desktop-Payments
- QBO FAQs Usage - https://community.intuit.com/products/quickbooks-help-en-us
For phone support, please call: 800.558.9558
I already have a QuickBooks payments account. Can I use it with QuickBooks Online?
If you have been using a QuickBooks Payments account with QuickBooks Desktop or GoPayment, you can link it to your QuickBooks Online account by navigating to Company Settings -> Payments. Click “Connect” and follow the prompts to connect your existing account. Note that QuickBooks Payments account can be used with either a QuickBooks Desktop or QuickBooks Online at a time. It will not work with both simultaneously.
Is there a long term contract?
No. You can cancel at any time without any cancellation fees.
Does QuickBooks offer Recurring Payments?
Yes - with a QuickBooks Payments account you can set-up recurring Payments. If a customer pays you the same amount consistently, you can navigate to the Sales Receipts workflow and choose Make Recurring to set-up a recurring credit card or Bank Transfer payment. QuickBooks will take care of the on-going payment from here.
Will any of my credit card transactions get downgraded?
No, unlike other providers, there are no hidden downgraded fees. When we say keyed, swiped, and eInvoice, we mean it. That's exactly the rate you'll pay for making a transaction of that type regardless if it's Visa, MasterCard, Discover or American Express. It doesn't even matter if your customer is using a corporate or business card - what you see is what you get. That's what we call transparent pricing.
What are the different ways I can process with my account?
There are many ways to take payment with your QuickBooks Payments account:
- Process a credit card using either a Receive Payment or Sales Receipt transaction
- Email online invoices which allow payers to submit a payment online
How does the pay now button work on the invoice?
With a QuickBooks Payments Account, you can securely email an Invoice with a pay now button. You can provide your customer with the option to pay by Credit Card, Debit Card, Apple Pay and / or ACH Bank Transfer. It is up to you. When your customer opens the online Invoice, they can then click Pay Now and chose to Pay by Credit, Debit, Apple Pay or ACH Bank Transfer. When your customer pays you, your books will auto-update and your money will be auto-deposited into your bank account.
Do I have to sign up separately to accept credit cards AND bank transfers?
Nope. The great thing about QuickBooks Payments is that it includes all forms of payment acceptance in just one account. Use what you want, how you want to get yourself paid faster.
Can I control what type of payment my customer pays by?
Yes, you are in full control of how your customers can pay. When you add a Pay Now button to your emailed invoice, you'll have the ability to turn on or off credit card processing and bank transfers for that particular invoice. So say you have a $15,000 invoice you only want paid by Bank Transfer. You got it. Just uncheck credit cards when you are sending your invoice and your customer will only be able to pay by Bank Transfer. If you leave both credit card and bank transfer options on, you're likely to get paid even faster since more customers prefer to pay by credit card, but the choice is up to you. You can always resend an invoice at a later time and re-enable both payment types as well. It's that flexible…and it's that easy.
When will I receive my money after I process a payment with QuickBooks?
For QuickBooks Online users, credit card payments deposit in about 2-3 business days and Free ACH Bank Transfer payments deposit in about 5 business days.
QuickBooks Desktop Payments
I'm interested in payments, but for QuickBooks Desktop - Where can I purchase it?
You can find all of our QuickBooks Desktop products here.
Link your payments account to your QuickBooks for Windows company file
You can find a detailed guide on how to do this by clicking here.
What devices are compatible with the free GoPayment card reader?
The mobile card reader is compatible with all Apple devices running iOS 8 or higher.
The mobile card reader is compatible with most Android devices running OS version 4.0 or higher.
Because many different manufacturers make Android devices the hardware and software varies between each device. This makes it difficult to support the Mobile Card Reader on every Android phone or tablet. If you're having trouble getting the reader to work try these Troubleshooting Steps.
How do I get started with GoPayment?
Step 1 -
Download the GoPayment App to your device -
Apple Devices - Apple App Store
Android Devices - Google Play Store
Step 2 -
Create a login from your approval email. After you're approved, you will receive an email from BusinessServices@intuit.com.
- Open the email and click on the blue Create a Login or Login button.
- Your username will be pre-populated with your email address.
- Type in the password you want to use and then click Submit.
Note: Please document your login information. This is used to access the online service center and the GoPayment app. To learn more about what you can do in the online service center, see the section Manage your account and more... below.
Step 3 -
Once you've completed the setup instructions, you're ready to swipe or manually enter a credit card for a sale. Then plug in the card reader and swipe. If you do not have a card reader just tap Key Card to manually enter the card information.
How do I link my GoPayment account to Quickbooks Desktop and download my transactions?
How do I reset a GoPayment password?
- From the GoPayment sign in screen, tap the Forgot Password? link.
- Follow the steps onscreen to reset your password. You'll have to check your email inbox to complete the reset.
What security features does the web store product support?
The web store product supports 128-bit SSL encryption, plus card security fraud prevention. These security features ensure any sensitive credit card data transmitted from your shopping cart website to Intuit’s processing servers is secure and many types of card fraud attempts are prevented.
What if I do not see my shopping cart provider on your list of compatible ecommerce stores?
Contact your shopping cart provider to clarify if they support Intuit’s QuickBooks Payments for credit card processing. If they do not you can suggest they contact Intuit to get more details on how to add support QuickBooks Payments to their application.
If I already have an existing payment account with Intuit can I utilize the web store capability as well?
In the vast majority of cases this is supported and you can enable the web store processing within the online help center or you can contact our support team for assistance.
What is the process for connecting my account to a compatible ecommerce store?
You should contact your ecommerce store for specific details on how to connect your account. In many cases it just involves authorizing the connection by logging into your Intuit QuickBooks Payments account.
How does QuickBooks Payments work with ecommerce?
You can link your QuickBooks Payments account with select ecommerce providers. It’s as simple as selecting QuickBooks Payments during your store setup and signing in to your account to authorize the connection. No need to set up a new account. Check out compatible ecommerce stores today.
What is a QuickBooks Payments Preferred Partner?
QuickBooks Payments identifies and selects specific ecommerce providers that provide a best in class customer webstore experience that integrates seamlessly with QuickBooks payments. This partnership symbolizes a commitment to deliver a superior customer experience in running their business and processing payments in an ecommerce environment. In certain cases, this partnership can also provides additional pricing benefits.
Where can I order Intuit's EMV-ready payments solutions?
EMV readers are available for GoPayment and QuickBooks Point of Sale Desktop 12.0. We will inform you if and when other EMV products become available.
Click here to purchase the mobile QuickBooks Payments EMV Card Reader for use with the GoPayment app.
Call 800-450-8134 to purchase the EMV Ready PIN Pad² for use with QuickBooks Point of Sale Desktop 12.0.
Will I be liable for fraud losses related to the EMV liability shift?
Starting August 15, 2016, if you process a counterfeit or stolen EMV chip card using a magnetic swipe card reader using the GoPayment app, online Merchant Service Center or QuickBooks Point of Sale Desktop 12.0, you may be responsible for any chargebacks and fees resulting from the fraud. We encourage you to get the new EMV card reader as soon as possible to reduce your EMV-related fraud losses when processing card-present transactions. If you are a QuickBooks Payments customer and use QuickBooks Online, QuickBooks Desktop (Pro, Premier), QuickBooks Enterprise, or QuickBooks Point of Sale, powered by Revel Systems with a magnetic swipe card reader and you unknowingly accept a counterfeit or stolen EMV card in a card present transaction, Intuit will continue to cover EMV fraud liability resulting from such fraud until further notice.
Do I need to worry about EMV if I do not accept credit card payments in person?
If you only key in credit card data instead of swiping cards, you are not affected by the EMV liability shift, but you should always be aware of the ways to prevent fraud when processing online or phone transactions.
- Online services vary by participating financial institutions or other parties and may be subject to application approval, additional terms, conditions, and fees.
- Customers who use QuickBooks Online with Payments get paid on average twice as fast as those who don't, based on data from 9/13-2/14. QuickBooks Payments is an optional fee-based service. Subscription to the latest version of QuickBooks Online is required, sold separately. Application approval, an Internet connection on a Windows PC and Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 10, or Safari 6.1 browser required. Rates are determined by the financial institution and are subject to change without notice. Transactions are subject to Association guidelines. Starting at approval or first use (depending on service you select) your debit/credit card account will automatically be charged on a per transaction, monthly and/or annual basis at the then current transaction and/or monthly fees for the service you selected, until you cancel. To cancel call 800-558-9558. Swiped rate applies to qualified swiped Visa/MC/Discover network transactions. Most rewards, corporate and special card types are considered non-qualified transactions and merchant will be charged the keyed rate. American Express fees and transactions are based on industry type; additional fees may apply when accepting American Express. Additional fees may apply for specific occurrences, including chargebacks. Terms, conditions, features, pricing, service and support options are subject to change without notice.
- First thirty (30) days of subscription to QuickBooks Online Simple Start with Payroll, QuickBooks Online Essentials with Payroll, or QuickBooks Online Plus with Payroll, starting from the date of enrollment, is free. After your 30 day free trial, you will automatically be charged $31.20/month to continue with QuickBooks Payroll Enhanced, or $79.00/month for QuickBooks Payroll Full Service for the first 12 months of service, or until you cancel. After 12 months, you will automatically be charged at the then-current monthly rate for the service(s) you have selected, until you cancel. Each employee is an additional $1.50/month for QuickBooks Payroll Enhanced or $2.00/month for QuickBooks Payroll Full Service. Pay up to 150 employees. If you file taxes in more than one state each additional state is $12 per month. Sales tax may be applied where applicable. You can place orders weekdays by phone by calling 800-286-6800 between 6:00 AM PST through 6:00 PM PST. Offer is valid for new QuickBooks Online with Payroll customers only and is available for a limited time. QuickBooks Payroll is not available with QuickBooks Self-Employed. Offer cannot be combined with any other QuickBooks Online or Payroll offers. To cancel your QuickBooks or Payroll subscription, call 866-272-8734 x111. Terms, conditions, pricing, features, service and support are subject to change without notice.
- QuickBooks Online Essentials and QuickBooks Online Plus include the manage and pay bills feature.
- Phone support is free during the 30-day trial and included with your paid subscription to QuickBooks Online. Phone support is available Monday through Friday between 6 am - 6 pm PST. Your subscription must be current. Intuit reserves the right to limit the length of the call. Terms, conditions, features, pricing, service and support are subject to change without notice.
- QuickBooks Online Simple Start includes 1 user license. QuickBooks Online Essentials includes 3 user licenses. QuickBooks Online Plus includes 5 user licenses.
- QuickBooks Online requires a computer with a supported Internet browser (see System Requirements for a list of supported browsers) and an Internet connection (a high-speed connection is recommended). The QuickBooks Online mobile app works with iPhone, iPad, and Android phones and tablets. Devices sold separately; data plan required. Not all features are available on the mobile apps and mobile browser. QuickBooks Online mobile access is included with your QuickBooks Online subscription at no additional cost. Data access is subject to cellular/internet provider network availability and occasional downtime due to system and server maintenance and events beyond your control. Product registration required.