1. Update Your Website
Thirty percent of Google searches are for local information. Be ready and available, whether customers physically step inside your business or visit your online store. Help them find you with these smart strategies:
- Make your site mobile-friendly: Since the majority of people are searching from a mobile device, your site should be optimized for mobile.
- Update your SEO: With proper optimization of keywords and meta descriptions, more people will be able to find you. Use Google Keyword Planner to discover how people are searching for your type of business.
- Display your contact information: Make sure your physical address, phone number and email are front-and-center on your page.
- Support an online storefront: Allow people to become customers without leaving their homes. Many point-of-sale systems now support the integration of e-commerce capabilities, such as QuickBooks Point of Sale Powered by Revel Systems. QuickBooks POS allows you to provide an online storefront with custom shipping rates, UPS integration and matrix inventory.
2. Use Google as a Marketing Tool
Since customers are using Google to find you, you should be using Google tools to increase your visibility.
Start by registering with Google My Business. This will ensure your business shows up across Google, including Google Maps and Google+. Customers searching for you can see everything from your location on the map, to business hours and customer reviews.
In addition to increased visibility, because Google My Business is integrated with all Google tools, you can also engage and research your customers from your business dashboard, allowing you to:
- Manage and respond to customer reviews
- Share content and pictures via Google+
- See how customers are searching for and finding you by reviewing your Google Analytics
3. Get Listed
Beyond registering with Google My Business, it benefits you to get your site listed with the many other online directory sites. Here’s a list of nine online directories you can start with.