Additional QuickBooks Desktop services
Email invoices and accept online and mobile payments.
Additional fees apply.
Run your company from anywhere.10 Call 800-224-0952 to learn about low-cost networking and hosting for Desktop
What's the difference between QuickBooks Desktop and QuickBooks Online?
QuickBooks Desktop is a one-time purchase accounting software to be installed on your office desktop computer.
QuickBooks Online is our cloud-based subscription service that gives you the freedom to work from any device — anytime, anywhere.
Can I install QuickBooks Desktop Pro on more than one computer?
Yes. Your license lets you install the product on up to three computers. It also has a multi-company feature.
What's the difference between Desktop Pro and Premier?
The Premier product allows up to five users while Pro allows up to three users. Premier also has more reports and industry specific features.
What's the difference in capacity between Pro, Premier, and Enterprise?
Pro and Premier track up to 14,500 items, while Enterprise tracks up to 1 million customers, vendors, and items. Learn about Enterprise.
What are the Premier and Pro system requirements?
- Windows 7 SP1, 8.1 Update 1, or Windows 10 (all 32-bit & 64-bit)
- Windows Server 2008 R2 SP1, 2012 R2
- 2.5 GB disk space recommended (additional space required for data files)
- 2.4 GHZ processor
- 4 GB Ram (8 GB recommended)
- 4x DVD-ROM drive
- Payroll and online features require Internet access (1 Mbps recommended speed)
- Product registration required
- Optimized for 1280x1024 screen resolution or higher. Supports up to 2 extended monitors. Optimized for Default DPI settings.
- Up to 3 monitors supported. Not available in a hosted environment.
- Enhanced payroll subscription required.
- Each unique user requires a license. Each license sold separately. All copies of QuickBooks must be the same version-year.Upgrades will be provided if and when they become available.
- Licenses are available in single-user increments from 1 to 10 users or 30 users. Fees apply.
- Advanced Reporting requires an active QuickBooks Desktop Enterprise subscription and an Internet connection. You'll automatically receive any new versions of our product that are released, when and if available, along with updates to your current version.
- Advanced Inventory is included in the Platinum subscription. Requires QuickBooks Desktop Enterprise with an active QuickBooks Desktop Enterprise subscription and an Internet connection. You'll automatically receive any new versions of our product that are released, when and if available, along with updates to your current version.
- Advanced Pricing is included in the Platinum subscription. Requires QuickBooks Desktop Enterprise with an active QuickBooks Desktop Enterprise subscription and an Internet connection. You'll automatically receive any new versions of our product that are released, when and if available, along with updates to your current version.
- Membership in Priority Circle and its benefits are available only to customers who have an active, paid subscription to one of the following products: QuickBooks Desktop Enterprise, QuickBooks Full Service Payroll, Intuit Full Service Payroll, QuickBooks Online Payroll, Desktop Assisted Payroll, and QuickBooks Payments. QuickBooks Desktop Enterprise customers must meet the following requirements for membership: QuickBooks Desktop Enterprise customers on the Full Service Plan must be on an active, paid subscription that is renewed on or after May 1, 2017. QuickBooks Desktop Enterprise customers on a Subscription Plan must be on an active, paid subscription that is renewed on or after September 18th, 2017. QuickBooks Payments customers must also meet the minimum charge volume thresholds: Current QuickBooks Payments customers with charge volume > $50k over the last 12 months become members of Priority Circle. New payments customers on a monthly subscription plan with charge volume > $4k over the first 30 days become members of Priority Circle. When customers no longer have an active, paid subscription, they will not be eligible to receive benefits. Payments customers who are on a monthly plan and meet the initial charge volume threshold will have Priority Circle access for 12 months as long as they have an active monthly subscription. Customers who cancel inadvertently (e.g. due to expired credit card) will receive a 15 day grace period and notification to re-activate their subscription to maintain Priority Circle membership and benefits. QuickBooks Priority Circle members receive five free training courses annually.Technical and product support is a benefit of your QuickBooks Desktop Enterprise subscription. QuickBooks support is available 24 hours a day, seven days a week; the Enterprise team (including our U.S.-based team of product experts) is available weekdays from 4:00 a.m. - 7:00 p.m. Pacific Standard time. Support hours exclude occasional downtime due to system and server maintenance, company events, observed U.S. holidays and events beyond our control. Intuit reserves the right to limit each telephone contact to an hour and to one incident. See terms and conditions at qbes.com/terms .
- Hours exclude occasional downtime due to system and server maintenance, company events, observed U.S. Holidays and events beyond our control. Without Plus subscription, standalone Annual Care Plan MSRP $299.95. Standalone Intuit Data Backup MSRP $99.95 per year or MSRP $9.95 per month for a-la-carte purchases. Entire PC is limited to 100GB total storage which includes all 45 days of backup you have stored. Data encrypted using AES 256-bit encryption. Requires internet access for backup, restore and setup changes and comes bundled with QuickBooks Pro Plus, Premier Plus, or Enterprise subscription. Not available to QuickBooks for Mac or QuickBooks Online users. Not intended as a file transfer, remote access solution for your QuickBooks file. Intuit Data Protect is not intended as a HIPAA solution and its use will not assist with or ensure HIPAA compliance. Hours exclude occasional downtime due to system and server maintenance, company events, observed U.S. Holidays and events beyond our control. Subject to change at any time without notice. Data Recover Service: Coverage begins at the time of enrollment and ends upon cancellation of stated term length + 30 days from cancellation date to be able to recover your backup data. Get upgrades throughout the year, so you always have the latest version.
- Subject to availability of reliable Internet connection. See detailed list of systems requirements at http://www.rightnetworks.com/asp/sysreqs. See what RDP clients work with the hosting service at http://www.rightnetworks.com/asp/sysreqs#msrdp. For compatible devices: https://enterprisesuite.intuit.com/products/enterprise-solutions/technical/. Right Networks uses top-tier data centers and multiple layers of redundancy within its infrastructure to provide24x7 availability. However, availability can vary, is subject to occasional downtime and may change without notice. Right Networks encrypts all backup files and backup tapes. Virtual desktop connections are protected via TLS with a minimum of 128 bit encryption and authentication. Each customer has a unique Right Networks virtual desktop. Access to each QuickBooks company file is controlled at multiple layers including file access permissions. Access is locked out after multiple failed login attempts for the same user. Security features, functionality and access are subject to change without notice as deemed necessary by Right Networks. Availability can vary and are subject to occasional downtime and may change without notice. For compatible devices: https://enterprisesuite.intuit.com/products/enterprise-solutions/technical/.
New 2018 features
- Take care of business significantly faster by using QuickBooks on up to three monitors.1
- Quickly find an account or sub-account by using the new search bar in the Chart of Accounts.
- Get valuable insights in a single click and compare your performance on either a cash or accrual basis.
- Automatically put a Past due stamp on outstanding invoices.
- Don’t miss important payroll liability due dates like federal and state taxes and workers’ comp.2
Track income & expenses
Know where your money is going.
- Connect your bank and credit card to automatically download transactions*
- Organize everything in one place with Customer, Vendor, and Employee Centers.
- Run sales tax liability reports so you know exactly what you owe.
Invoicing & estimates
Go from estimate to invoice in a single click.
- Send estimates, track leads, and convert into invoices in one click.
- Invoice for services, goods, and for billable time and expenses.
- Accept payments right from your invoices and send reminders on outstanding payments.
Better decisions with smart insights.
- Stay ready for tax time with reliable reports.
- Schedule automatic reporting including profit & loss, expenses, and balance sheets.
- Consolidate reports for multiple companies*
- Enterprise - Manage budgets & bills.
Manage budgets & bills
Stay on the track and know what you owe.
- Create a budget from scratch or use previous years information.
- Track bills and purchase orders in one place.
- Maintain cash flow, take early pay discounts, and easily take action on unpaid bills.
- Enterprise - Track time.
Track employee, 1099, and billable time.
- Track time and expenses by employee, project, client, or service.
- Enter hours yourself or give employees secure access to enter their own time.
- Keep track of subcontractor payments and assign them to 1099 categories.
Stay stocked for success.
- Track products, cost of goods, and receive notifications when inventory is low.
- Easily adjust inventory to account for loss, theft, and shrinkage.
- Create purchase orders to keep track of what’s on order.
Save time when you work together.
- Allows more than one user at a time*
- Create a copy of your company file for your accountant.
- Protect sensitive data with user-access levels.
Industry specific features
Manage tasks unique to your industry.
- Track profitability by product or by project and client.
- Bill clients progressively by job phase.
- Run industry specific reports including donor contributions, sales summary, and more.
- Enterprise - Advanced inventory.
Stay on the right track.
- Create a forecast from scratch or use previous years’ information.
- Track and view forecast progress both in dollars and percentages.
- Create forecast by customer job, by class and more.
Additional data capacity
More data to help grow your business.
- Up to one million list items*
- Lists include: customers, inventory, vendors, any point of info
Customizable user roles & permissions
Define and customize user access.
- Set advanced controls for who has access to what data including payroll, reporting, etc.
- Choose from predefined user roles or create your own custom rules.
Create smart, tailored reports.5
- Build your own reporting templates.
- Automatically pull important data with template reports.
- Choose from industry-specific reporting tools.
Manage and move larger amounts of inventory.6
- Track inventory across multiple warehouses by bin, lot, and serial number.
- Easily set up FIFO cost accounting.
- Reduce errors and speed up the picking process with mobile barcode scanning.
Customize and automate pricing.7
- Define custom pricing by customer.
- Set rules for hundreds of pricing variances.
- Create special discounts for things like bulk orders or manufacturer markdowns.
Quickbooks Priority Circle
First-class service and Priority Care.8
- Get connected to our top care agents and a dedicated Customer Success Manager.
- Connect with an expert onboarding specialist to get up and running fast.
- Become a QuickBooks expert with access to a variety of free online courses.
Save more with Plus
Subscribe to 24/7 customer support and service.9
- Get 24/7 access to QuickBooks expert support.
- Protect valuable information with automatic online data backups.
- Get upgrades throughout the year, so you always have the latest version.
Pay employees and e-file taxes.
- Pay employees with free direct deposit and create unlimited paychecks.
- Easily pay and file federal and state payroll taxes right from QuickBooks.
- Print and file W2s at the end of the year*
- Enterprise - Gold & Platinum edition.