How to add employees to Payroll | Get started tutorial
How to add employees to QuickBooks Advanced Payroll
It doesn’t take long to add an employee’s information to QuickBooks Advanced Payroll. Input their details today so you’re ready for your first pay run.
Before you start:
You will need your company information, HMRC Gateway credentials, accounts office and PAYE reference.
- Be prepared ahead of your pay run.
- Prepare an employee for a workplace pension.
- Control access to the self-service portal.
Step 1 of 3
- Select the Payroll tab on the left and click the Add employee button.
- Enter your employee’s name and a few more details, including their date of birth and address, then decide if you want this employee to have access to the self-service function.
Step 2 of 3
- Under employment details add their start date and payment information.
- You’ll then be asked for their bank details and information about their National Insurance and previous employment.
Step 3 of 3
- Finally, select how you want your employee to be assessed for their workplace pension.
Need more help?
Visit support site
Search thousands of help articles on our Support Site.Go to support
Use help button
Use the help button from any page within QuickBooks Online to search articles or connect with an expert.Sign in
Ask the community
Get help and links to useful resources from other small businesses using QuickBooks.Go to community