Set up products and services | Get started tutorial
How to set up products and services
It’s easy to keep track of sales (by product or service) and send invoices when you set up a Products & Services list. Find out how.
- Efficiently record sales by product or service.
- Easier to send invoices.
- Determine what information is included on sales receipts, invoices and estimates.
Step 1 of 3
- Select Sales from the left hand navigation bar. Click the Products and Services tab and choose the Add a Product or Service option.
Step 2 of 3
- Select the type of product or service you want to set up.
Step 3 of 3
- Complete the Product/Service name, SKU and category.
- The Sales information is what will show to a customer when you send an invoice or sales receipt.
- Enter the sale price/rate or leave blank if it differs from sale-to-sale.
- The income account is the category QuickBooks will use to categorise the income when you enter a sales transaction.
- Click save and close.
Need more help?
Visit support site
Search thousands of help articles on our Support Site.Go to support
Use help button
Use the help button from any page within QuickBooks Online to search articles or connect with an expert.Sign in
Ask the community
Get help and links to useful resources from other small businesses using QuickBooks.Go to community