How to set up Standard Payroll | Get started tutorial
How to set up your employer details in QuickBooks Standard Payroll
A step-by-step guide to setting up your business in QuickBooks Online Standard Payroll.
Before you start:
You will need your company information, HMRC Gateway credentials, accounts office and PAYE reference.
- Get a simple solution to payroll needs.
- Be ready to add your first employee.
- Add your details so you can submit records to HMRC.
Step 1 of 4
- Select the Payroll tab to choose your payroll plan. Click Choose your plan and select Standard Payroll.
Step 2 of 4
- Click Let’s go from your Payroll dashboard.
Step 3 of 4
- Fill in the following fields in the 4-step wizard
- Your registered business name and address.
- How often do you pay your employees and on which date.
- How you want to assess employees for a workplace pension.
- If you qualify for Employment Allowance.
Step 4 of 4
- Don’t forget to add your HMRC gateway credentials:
- Go to the company cog at the top right hand corner, select Accounts and Settings and then select payroll.
- Fill in your online filing and HMRC reference settings.
Need more help?
Visit support site
Search thousands of help articles on our Support Site.Go to support
Use help button
Use the help button from any page within QuickBooks Online to search articles or connect with an expert.Sign in
Ask the community
Get help and links to useful resources from other small businesses using QuickBooks.Go to community