We recently met with Chris Reeve, managing director of Gascoynes, about mobilising his practice and embracing the cloud. After almost 20 years on QuickBooks Premier and running off a desktop, he is excited about the next phase for his practice.
Gascoynes is one of the most innovative accounting firms in the East of England and at the forefront of a major change in accounting. Operating a paperless system, the team of 12 staff now manage everything for their clients online.
“We didn’t realise how much we needed it until we had it”
While they have been using and recommending QuickBooks for over 20 years, Chris and his team still faced some challenges with clients editing records incorrectly and seeking constant support.
Chris says: “We knew we had to change with the times and embrace the cloud, but we wanted to make the right business decision. A number of cloud accounting firms came in to see us, but we still found QuickBooks to be the most intuitive and flexible solution. Its mobile functionality in particular was a key differentiator for us; the QuickBooks mobile app is fantastic. So when Intuit approached us, we decided to immediately move a number of clients onto QuickBooks Online.”
Gascoynes has seen a number of immediate benefits across all devices:
- QuickBooks Online solved all collaboration problems and allows us to work how, where and when we want to
- Information flows much quicker to and from our clients – no more ringing clients to get access to their files!
- Our costs came down straight away as we no longer need to pay third parties for storage and to optimise our accounting processes
- The automation and data integration eliminates costly and time-consuming mistakes
- Mobile was another huge advantage – the QuickBooks app is so intuitive and easy to use – it actually makes accounting fun!
“There is no doubt, being on the same platform completely transformed the way we operated.”