Thanks in part to your feedback, the QuickBooks Online team has been working hard at improving reports to make them more professional looking and easier to customize.
This article summarizes some of the improvements.
Access the improved QuickBooks reports
Click Reports in the left navigation bar, followed by the name of a report (like Profit & Loss).
Explore the improvements
- Change common options at the top of the page. When you’re done, hide options to make more room for the report.
- Change other report options by clicking Customize. This includes the report period, accounting method, number format, rows/columns customization, filters, and header/footer customization.
- Quickly expand/collapse sub-items on the report.
- Add notes to make your report more meaningful. For example, you can add additional commentary about business performance to a Profit & Loss report.
- Click Edit header to show a logo and change the report title and subtitle. You can also click right on the title.
- Print, email or save report as PDF. When you email or schedule a report, it is automatically attached as a PDF. You can rename the PDF before sending it. PDFs are helpful for viewing and sharing really wide reports.
- Freeze row header and first column. When you scroll through large reports, either horizontally or vertically, the header and left column stays in view for convenient reference!
- Improved printing. Changes include:
- More professional looking reports.
- Fit more data onto more printed reports with less truncation.
- Preview the report before emailing and exporting.
- New reports1. From the Reports main page, click All Reports, and then click a section like Business Overview. The most recently released new reports are tagged NEW, with more to come!