Official Press Announcement:
We have launched the next generation of QuickBooks Online. The all new QuickBooks Online cloud based accounting system, available in 100 countries including the UK, provides small businesses and accountants with an intuitive, easy-to-use and attractively designed interface. It offers small businesses and accountants’ access to a robust, open platform that is future proof and works anytime, anywhere.
“Intuit has unveiled the next generation of QuickBooks Online, the most significant release in decades,” said Mike Williams, Head of Intuit UK business. “In line with our global offering, the UK version of QuickBooks has been rebuilt from the ground up to deliver a simple, yet powerful platform that goes beyond accounting and offers small businesses an unprecedented business management solution. The all new QuickBooks Online is built to take advantage of the cloud and is an open platform that sets the foundation for Intuit’s future growth in the UK market and globally.”
The announcement of Intuit’s next generation QuickBooks Online coincides with new research findings from Coleman Parkes* which reveal the extent to which UK accountants believe that cloud-based services will play a significant role in improving their client service levels. Sixty four per cent of accountants surveyed said that working in the cloud will allow them to offer new and strategic services to their clients and seventy two per cent would benefit in becoming a more mobile business. The findings also revealed that sixty one per cent of small business clients now expect cloud-based services from their accountants.
A Powerfully Simple Solution
New QuickBooks Online offers users with an attractive interface that is effortless to use and extremely functional. The latest version streamlines business tasks to boost efficiency and save small businesses time. Customized data now appears in a visual manner that is informative and easy to understand. Enhanced features include:
- Simple set-up and easy to learn, intuitive functions for any small business or accountancy practice
- Fast performance offering real-time data and reports
- Scalable solutions to fit the needs of any small and medium size business
- The power of QuickBooks with the benefits of the Intuit accountant ecosystem
Charlie Carne, Chartered Accountant at Charlie Carne & Co, London said: “I run my practice almost entirely online and I am delighted with Intuit’s re-design of QuickBooks’ cloud-based platform. They have made the workflows and interface even more intuitive (with a new, easy-to-use drop-down menu), saving me and my clients time and money. Features such as the new invoicing module will give my clients greater control over their debtors. It works well across all my devices, so I can run a truly mobile practice, and the upcoming new features for accountants, such as the ‘virtual office’, will provide huge efficiencies for my practice as they roll out over the next few months.”
Open and Integrated Platform
QuickBooks Online has been rebuilt as an open platform. For small businesses, this simplifies work by integrating all of Intuit’s powerful business management tools under one umbrella. The QuickBooks Online platform includes Intuit’s robust small business tools, including Payments, which are now interconnected and built into QuickBooks Online. The open platform design allows third parties and app developers to create small business applications that are available to nearly 500,000 QuickBooks Online subscribers, which boast more than 1.3 million users, giving customers the ability to customize QuickBooks Online to meet their specific business needs, while providing them access to data across applications. The QuickBooks Online platform offers a range of collaborative tools including:
- Access to Intuit’s accounting, payments and payroll add-on solutions through one login, from a computer, iPhone, iPad, and Android phones and tablets
- Real-time data updates enabling immediate accountant or bookkeeper collaboration
- Large-scale app integration and access to Intuit’s Apps.com, one of the largest and most diverse small business apps marketplaces (mostly for US for now).
Work Anytime, Anywhere
- QuickBooks Online has evolved to adapt to the evolving needs of small business owners, who are increasingly on-the-go and rely on mobile for day-to-day tasks. This release of QuickBooks Online features a mobile-first design approach that gives small business owners around the world access to information wherever they work. Features include:
- Availability in more than 100 countries in more than 10 languages
- Data safely stored in the cloud for on-the-go accessibility via any internet-connected computer,iPhone, iPad or Android phone or tablet
- Compatibility across PC, Mac, iPhone, iPad, and Android phones and tablets
“When you log in, it’s beautiful,” said Adam Wegener, co-owner of TrashAmps, a portable sound system US company. “I appreciate the functionality of being able to access the software from my phone and tablet. Being a small business owner, you never know when or where you’re working, so the ability to go in and check on things is a real benefit to me.”
*About the research
Coleman Parkes interviewed by telephone 100 senior decision makers, owners, partners and managers in Accounting firms across the UK with 5-250 employees that serve the small and medium business sector in September 2013.
Pricing and Availability
The new QuickBooks Online experience is scheduled to be available starting in late October for new users, and rollout to existing users in more than 100 countries is scheduled to begin in January 2014.
After a 30-day free trial, the online version of QuickBooks starts at the standard list price for ‘Simple Start’ of £9 (plus VAT) per month for new users, which includes free access to all of Intuit mobile apps.