Promotion Terms & Conditions for Intuit QuickBooks Accountex Giveaway
Eligibility to enter / opening and closing dates
- The promotion is open to accountants and bookkeepers attending the Accountex conference being held at ExCeL London, Royal Victoria Dock, London, E16 1XL on the 11th and 12th of May 2016 that are residents of Great Britain (England, Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland), Isle of Man and Channel Islands only and are 18 years or over on the date of promotion entry.
- Employees of Intuit Limited and their families or any individual or organization professionally connected with this promotion are not eligible to enter.
- “Entrant” is an individual who has successfully entered this Promotion in accordance to this Terms & Conditions. Promotion Period: This promotion opens at 10:00 GMT on 11th May 2016 and closes at 17:00 GMT on 12th May 2016. Any entry received after the closing date will not be valid.
- A maximum of one entry is permitted per person.
- No purchase is necessary to enter this promotion.
- To enter this promotion, the Entrant should complete the tasks described below on behalf of his/her firm or business. The Entrant should go to the Intuit stand A980 at Accountex and pick up an entry form. Take the form to the “Get on the Cloud,” “Improve Your Online Profile,” “Attract More Clients,” and “Advance Your Practice” stations located within the Intuit stand. After completing the activity required at each station, attendees will be given a stamp to mark completion. Once all four areas have been stamped, attendees must fill in the details required on the form, including full name and email address, and hand the completed form to the designated person at the stand who will accept the entry. The Promoter is not responsible for any incomplete or incorrect entries which will prevent the entrant from being included in the draw.
- Entrants must not attempt to enter the promotion using multiple names and entrants found to be doing so will be ineligible to participate in the promotion.
- The winner will be selected by a random draw and independently verified on 13thMay 2016 from all valid entries received within the Promotion Period and in accordance with these terms and conditions.
- There is 1 prize available that consist of £5,000 in cash that can be used to improve the winner’s practice.
- The winner will be contacted within 3 days of being selected via the email provided on the entry form.
- When the prospective winner is contacted to confirm that he/she has won, the winner must respond to the notification within 24 hours.
- The Promoter will make reasonable efforts to contact the winners. However, if a winner has not responded within 24 hours of the notification, if a selected winner is ineligible or is otherwise in breach of these terms and conditions, or unable to take up the prize for any other reason, the Promoter reserves the right to select an alternative winner using the same process referred to above in these terms and conditions.
- The winner is responsible for all expenses not expressly stated in these terms and conditions as being included as part of the prize.
- Incomplete, illegible, corrupted entries or those which are otherwise not in accordance with these terms and conditions will not be valid. The Promoter accepts no responsibility for failure to receive an entry where such failure is due to circumstances outside the Promoter’s control.
- If there is any reason to believe that there has been a breach of these terms and conditions, or of the spirit of this promotion, the Promoter may at its sole discretion refuse to accept an entry.
- The Promoter’s decision is binding in all matters relating to this promotion, and no correspondence shall be entered into.
- To the extent permitted by law, the Promoter accepts no liability for any damage, loss or injury suffered due to entering this promotion or taking up a prize.
- By entering this promotion entrants will be deemed to have accepted, and will be bound by, these terms and conditions. Furthermore entrants agree to release, discharge and hold harmless Intuit and its respective parents, affiliates, subsidiaries, and advertising and promotion agencies, and the respective officers, directors, shareholders, employees, agents and representatives of the foregoing (collectively, “Released Parties”) from any and all injuries, liability, losses and damages of any kind to persons, or property resulting, in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, from your participation in the Promotion or any Promotion-related activity or the acceptance, possession, use or misuse of any awarded prize; By participating, entrants also agree not to release any publicity or other materials on your own or through someone else regarding participation in the Promotion without the prior consent of Intuit. If there is a dispute as to the identity of an online entrant.
- The prize will be awarded to the authorized account holder of the email address and entrant must comply with these Official Rules. The “authorized account holder” is defined as the natural person to whom the email address is assigned by an Internet service provider, online service provider or other organization (e.g., business, educational institution, etc.) that is responsible for assigning email addresses for the domain associated with the submitted email address.
- Released Parties are not responsible for any errors or difficulties of any kind or otherwise relating to the Promotion, including, without limitation, errors or difficulties which may occur in connection with the administration of the Promotion, the processing or judging of entries, the announcement of the prizes, or the incorrect uploading of the entry or in any promotion-related materials. Intuit reserves the right to disqualify any person and void their associated Entries in the event Intuit determines there is tampering with the promotion or that person is acting in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner. If Intuit believes any portion of the promotion has been compromised by any means, which impairs the administration, security, fairness or proper play, or submission of entries, Intuit reserves the right to suspend, modify or terminate the Promotion and, if terminated, at its discretion, select the potential winner(s) from all eligible, non-suspect entries received prior to action taken using the judging procedure outlined above.
- Entrants will retain ownership of any content, submissions and other material they submit as part of this Promotion. However, entrants grant the Promoter (and its agents and affiliates) a non-exclusive, worldwide, irrevocable, perpetual licence to use any such content, submissions and other material for the purposes of this promotion.
- Severability: If any provision(s) of these Official Rules are held to be invalid or unenforceable, all remaining provisions hereof will remain in full force and effect.These terms and conditions (and any non-contractual disputes/claims which arise out of or in connection with them) will be governed by English law and the parties submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts.
- Promoter: Intuit Limited, a company registered in England and Wales with company number 2679414, registered address and principal place of business at 1 Cathedral Piazza, London SW1E 5BP. Unless otherwise specified, no entries should be sent to this address.