Find the right file and launch the correct version of QuickBooks every time with File Manager. Plus, easily review summary company information for each client file and quickly compare clients who share similar attributes.
QuickBooks File Manager is a standalone application included with QuickBooks Accountant Edition 2013. It can be accessed as an icon on your desktop, or via the Accountant menu:
- Launch the correct version year of QuickBooks every time. You simply double-click on the file name while in File Manger.
- QuickBooks File Manager includes summary company information for each client file, such as tax form used, start of the company tax year, report basis, fiscal year start date, and whether they are VAT-registered and process payroll or not. Company files can be filtered by each of these attributes to quickly view customers sharing similar attributes.
- Easily view all QuickBooks files across version years on your PC or server from one easy-to-organise window. Files can be sorted by type, location, version year, and last date modified. You can also group company files by common characteristics and add notes to each company file.
- Securely store usernames and passwords with the built-in password vault. Transfer usernames and passwords in Password Vault to another user’s PC. View passwords without having to launch the company file.
- Reduce the time it takes to upgrade QuickBooks files using the automated batch upgrade tool instead of upgrading files individually.
QuickBooks ProAdvisors get a free copy of QuickBooks Accountant Edition with their subscription. Find out more about the ProAdvisor Programme.
Are you using QuickBooks Accountant Edition yet? Do you have any questions or feedback?