Santa Claus is the ultimate business person running a global design, manufacturing and delivery service with a customer base covering nearly the entire world population.
Having been good this year, we managed to gain an exclusive access to Santa and his incredible business acumen. Here we have collected his top tips for self-employed, small business owners and accountants on how to manage your business over the holiday period, and beyond:
- Believe in yourself – and never doubt if your reindeer really know how to fly.
- Check it once, and then check it twice – it’ll help keep your book neat and nice.
- Ask for help when you need it – I couldn’t do my job without elves and reindeer.
- Make sure you say thanks to those who’ve helped you bring your dream alive, like elves and Mrs Claus.
- Off for the holidays? Let others know by pinning a post to your social media channels.
- Take time to think about next year – will you need more reindeer to deliver your goods?
- Trust your gut feeling, but relay your thoughts to your closest elves to sanity-check them.
- Sort out your paperwork before the holidays – you’ll feel better coming back in January.
- Wrap up any outstanding payments before the New Year – your suppliers will thank you.
- Never think your dream is impossible – with a lot of hard work and a bit of magic, nothing is.
- You’re never too good or too old to ask questions – even if you are Santa Claus!
- Set a SMART New Year’s resolution for your business – and don’t forget to reward yourself when you achieve it!
- Start your New Year on a positive note with by looking back to all the jolly things you achieved last year.
- Don’t forget to pause and relax this Christmas – and enjoy your time off!