Learn how to change your billing schedule for your QuickBooks Online plan.
QuickBooks Online offers monthly and annual billing for Essentials, EasyStart, and Plus.
If you are subscribed to a QuickBooks Online plan
- Go to Settings ⚙, then Account and Settings.
- Select Billing & Subscription.
- Select Switch to monthly billing or Switch to annual billing.
- Select Switch, then select OK, got it.
If your QuickBooks Online plan is on free trial
- Sign in to QuickBooks Online.
- Select Subscribe Now.
- Complete all the details required.
- In your subscription summary, select Annual Billing or Monthly Billing.
- Select Subscribe, then OK, got it.
Frequently asked questions
Will I get a refund?
You'll get a credit on your new plan based on the unused portion of your old plan.
Switching from an annual to a monthly plan? You’ll also get a refund for any unused portion of your old plan that we can't roll over as credit on your new plan.
Note: If you have a credit from your annual plan, a message will show on the Switch to monthly billing page under Payment method. Some of it can be used for the first month of your new monthly plan. You will get a refund (including applicable taxes).