When you sign up for QuickBooks Online Payments, there are a few things you need to keep in mind:
- Sign up and verification process
- Bank Accounts
When signing up for QuickBooks Online Payments:
- From sign up, it may take up to two business days for a notification regarding whether the payments account was approved or declined.
- Most payments sign-ups will require more information to be sent to Intuit for verification.
- A credit/fraud check is actioned, as well as verification of the business upon sign up.
Here are things to keep in mind about bank accounts:
- Payments works with Canadian bank accounts only
- Any contact regarding a payments account must be conducted by the principal officer of the Payments account or by an authorized contact. Principal officers can request to have authorized contacts added by phoning support and asking for the instructions.
- The principal officer is the person whose name is on the payments application that was submitted and whom the credit check is performed against for eligibility
- Any contact regarding a Payments account must be conducted by the Principal officer of the bank account for the business
Here are things to keep in mind about merchants:
- For pricing plans for Canadian merchants please refer to QuickBooks Payments
- A merchant will have an option to store a customer’s credit card while processing a sales receipt only. If they wish to store a credit card number for a customer it must be added to the customer’s profile.
To avoid being charged a processing fee for a refund, the refund must occur before 3:00 PM (PST) on the same batch date.
To refund a payment before the cut off time:
- Open the invoice that the payment was received on.
- Select More at the bottom.
- Select Refund at the bottom.
Any refunds occurring after 3:00 PM (PST) on the batch date must be done through a refund receipt and will be charged a separate processing fee.