Learn how to submit a VAT return through Making Tax Digital (MTD) to HMRC in QuickBooks Desktop.
This article is for small businesses and accountants who are eligible or signed up to MTD voluntarily. From April 2022, all VAT-registered businesses must sign up to MTD and submit VAT returns directly to HRMC through MTD.
Want to know more? Watch thisor read this article.
Submit a VAT return to HMRC:
- Go to VAT at the top of the menu.
- Click File VAT (Accountants).
- You will be prompted to ensure you have an Agent Services Account (ASA).
- Link all MTD-eligible clients to your ASA.
- Connect to HMRC using your new government gateway user ID and password.
- Click File VAT (Small Businesses)
- Sign up for MTD for VAT.
- Connect to HMRC.
- Sign into HMRC using your government gateway credentials.
- Grant QuickBooks authority to interact with HMRC on your behalf.
- File VAT MTD.
- Click the relevant VAT return and click Proceed.
- Review your return and click File Return.
- Agree to the declaration and click File Return.
- Click Finish.
If you need anymore information on Making Tax Digital , please click Overview of Making Tax Digital