Find out what computer and browser you need for the best experience when using QuickBooks.
The requirements for your computer’s operating system, your internet speed, and your web and mobile browser vary depending on your system. For optimal QuickBooks Online performance, we recommended the following computer operating systems and internet speeds:
Recommended operating systems and internet speeds
If you're not sure which operating system your computer has, here’s the Windows version page or the Mac version page where you can find out.
- Windows PC: Windows 10, Intel Core i5 or comparable processor (2015 or newer) with at least 4 GB of RAM. Note: You need Adobe Reader 11.0 or higher to print forms.
- Mac: OS X "High Sierra" 10.13 or newer.
- Internet connection: 3 Mbps or higher.
You can use QuickBooks Online, QuickBooks Online Accountant, and QuickBooks Self-Employed in a web browser on Linux operating systems, but not the QuickBooks Online Advanced desktop app.
Minimum operating systems and internet speeds
The specs above are recommended, but QuickBooks will run with the following minimum systems and internet speeds:
- Windows PC: Windows 10, Intel Core i3 or a comparable processor (2013 or newer) with at least 2 GB of RAM.
- Mac: OS X El Capitan 10.11 or newer.
- Internet connection: 1.5 Mbps.
Supported web browsers
In general, QuickBooks supports the current and two previous versions of browsers. We don't always support older versions.
The following browsers are supported on both web and mobile devices:
Note: Internet Explorer is no longer a supported browser.
- Google Chrome: version 78 or newer
- Mozilla Firefox: version 76 or newer. Note: To preview and print forms on Mac OS, you'll also need the Firefox PDF plugin.
- Microsoft Edge: version 75 or newer
- Safari: version 12 or newer (Mac only)
- Opera: version 68 or newer
- Samsung: version 10 or newer