If you or your employees enter billable time into QuickBooks, we’ll show you how to set up your account to automatically create invoices from any unbilled time and notify you that the invoice was made.
Note: Auto-invoicing for unbilled activities is available only in QuickBooks Online Essentials and Plus.
Enable automatic invoicing for unbilled time activities
Here's how to turn on the automatic invoicing feature:
- Go to Settings ⚙ and select Accounts and settings.
- Select Advanced, then select the Edit ✎ icon in the Automation section.
- Select Automatically invoice unbilled activity. This will display a set of options. Set your preferred invoicing schedule, and choose how you want to be notified every time.
- After adjusting your settings, select Save.
|Note: QuickBooks Online auto-generates the invoices overnight. Depending on your setup, notifications will appear in the Activity feed on your Home page.|
There are two ways to view auto-created invoices for unbilled activities.
To view from the Sales page:
- Go to Get paid & pay and select Invoices (Take me there).
To view from the Audit Log:
- Go to Settings ⚙.
- Select Audit Log. Auto-created invoices show as created by "System Administrator".