While working in or accessing the Bank Feeds Center, one or more of the following errors are displayed:
System.Argument.Exceptionarameter is not valid.
at System.Drawing.Image.FromStream(Stream stream, Boolean useEmbeddedColorManagement, Boolean validateImageData)
at System.Drawing.Image.fromStream(Stream stream)
at System.Windows.Forms.PcitureBox.set_ImageLocation(String value)
at OLB_ Workflow.UICtrl_OLBWorkflow.SetILogo(String strFILogoPath)
System.ArgumentOutOfRange.Exception: Index was out of range.
The error can occur when:
- A payee, vendor or rule is damaged.
- The vendor name contains special characters such as "&".
- QuickBooks detects an issue with an installed Microsoft component such as .Net framework.
Intuit recommends more than one solution for this problem. The first solution may solve your problem, or you may need to try all of them to resolve the issue. For best results, perform the solutions in the order shown.
Solution 1: Check vendor names for special characters
- From the Vendors menu, select Vendor Center.
- Click the default Active Vendor drop-down and select All Vendors.
- Review the vendor names for special characters, specifically the ampersand (&).
- Remove or if needed, rename "&" to "and".
- Save your changes.
Solution 2: Switch to the Classic (Register) mode
- From the QuickBooks Edit menu, click Preferences.
- On the left pane, choose Checking then go to the Company Preferences tab.
- In the Bank Feeds section, click Classic Mode (Register Mode).
- Click OK.
If you're able to add/match in classic mode without receiving an error, the problem is not with the bank but could be with a specific downloaded transaction or a damaged Rule, Vendor/Payee or Microsoft component. Proceed to Solution 3.
Solution 3: Restart computer and try to access Bank Statement again
- Close QuickBooks Desktop.
- Restart computer.
- Open QuickBooks Desktop.
- Access Bank Feeds Center and try to open and download your bank statement.
Solution 4: Review the QBWin.log for error messages
When reviewing QBWin.log, scroll to the bottom to view the most recent entries. If errors are identified, resolve data damage on your company file
Solution 6: Refer to troubleshoot Bank Feeds issues and errors, including OL and OLSU errors for additional solutions.