Users with Anti-virus
Check with the developer of your anti-virus for instructions on how to allow communication through these ports.
- Yahoo!: port 465
- Gmail, Hotmail, and others: port 587
If you are using McAfee
- Select the Windows Start button, then All Programs.
- Select VirusScan Console, then double click Access Protection.
- Select the appropriate Port Blocking rule, then select Edit.
Example: Anti-virus Standard Protection, Prevent mass mailing worms from sending mail
- Add the following process names to the list of Excluded Processes.
- QBW32.exe - C:\Program Files\Intuit\QuickBooks [year]\QBW32.exe
- QBDBMGRN.exe - C:\Program Files\Intuit\QuickBooks [year]\QBDBMgrN.exe
- QBDBMGR.exe - C:\Program Files\Intuit\QuickBooks [year]\QBDBMgr.exe
- Select OK until the Access Protection Properties window is closed.
- Exit VirusScan Console.
- Try to send an email through QuickBooks again.