This tab allows you to set the way QuickBooks works for you. The settings you choose on this tab apply only to your user account.
- When Prompt me to modify report options before opening a report is checked, the Modify Report window opens automatically every time you create a report. Select this setting if you frequently make changes on the report content and/or appearance.
- Reports and graphs preferences determine when and how refreshing occurs.
- Prompt me to refresh: You get to decide when to refresh a report or graph. You will get the Report needs to be refreshed message whenever a report or graph requires refreshing.
- Refresh automatically: QuickBooks Desktop automatically refreshes the report every time you make changes to it. Select this option if you want reports to reflect the most recent changes or updates. Note however that this is the slowest of the three options. If you happen to be working with a report or graph in a multi-user environment, you may experience lengthy interruptions if other users are making changes to QuickBooks Desktop data that cause QuickBooks to refresh the report or graph.
- Don't refresh: QuickBooks Desktop leaves the report or graph alone and no prompts interrupt your work. If you need the reports to reflect the most current data, select the Refresh button.
- Graphs only preferences: These preferences determine how QuickBooks displays graphical reports. By default, reports are displayed in coloured 3D but you can choose to Draw Graphs in 2D to create graphs faster. You can also opt to Use pattern to see black and white patterns instead of colours for differentiating bars, pie segments and legend entries.