VivienJ
QuickBooks Team

Do more with QuickBooks

Hey there, falabs!

The Community is a great avenue to interact with other users and have your QuickBooks concerns answered. Thanks for sharing your thoughts about which workaround to use. 

Creating an assembly item will do the trick for those QuickBooks Desktop users. It's a process you can use to combine the inventory items and assembly costs of a finished product.

For more information, refer to this article:

Create, build, and work with inventory assembly items

Though this is a great process to follow for desktop, it isn't currently available in QuickBooks Online. As a workaround, QBO users can refer to the steps given by @vpcontroller above.

However, the program has an Inventory Bundle feature. It's use to track a collection of products or services you sell together, like a gift basket of fruit, cheese, and wine. 

This may sound similar with the Inventory Assembly but you'll only be able to track lesser details. Here's an article about it:

Change Product and Service types

We will love to hear more of your thoughts about how the Inventory Assembly feature can also be beneficial to QuickBooks Online. If you have a minute, feel free to reach out to them directly by going to Help, then Send Feedback Online (QBDT), or through this link for QBO:

How do I submit feedback?

Any suggestions and feedback entered there are considered for future updates. If you need anything else, don't hesitate to reach back to me. I'll be around!.