ParkwayInc
Level 6

Talk about your business

Business Automation is a very hot topic in the current small business environment. Matter of fact it is so hot, that we currently have automation projects in the works with 50% of our client list.  Time is such a precious commodity that it seems that everyone is racing to find more time.  

Quest for Automation leads to Innovation:

While I love being an accountant, I hate doing manual data entry, so I began a personal quest to eliminate data entry as much as possible.  It was along this journey that I came up with a QuickBooks Desktop application.  Our app, Vendorsync helps to automate more of the data entry process for QuickBooks Desktop by eliminate 50% of the manual entry related to bank feed imports.   I guess you could kind of say we brought the power of the cloud to desktop accounting.

Zap your way to Free Time:

Zapier is another very popular example of process automation that we implement all the time. During a previous Xero to QuickBooks Online conversion project, we needed a way to allow our client to continue with the system they were used to while we completed the conversion process.  To avoid playing an endless game of catch up, we setup Zapier to watch for new transactions in Xero and to automatically add them to QuickBooks Online as they happened.  

Future Automation Plans:

As a self-proclaimed computer geek, I am excited Google Sheets introducing Macros as a new feature. The ability to record multiple steps and have them automatically done in sequence every time you click a button opens so many new time-saving opportunities.   Since Intuit and Google have developed such a great workflow relationship, I can only imagine what people will come up to simplify their everyday tasks!