nikolayss
Level 1

I updated my mac to the newest update ( mac os high sierra) and when i try to access my 2014 quickbooks it doesnt let me!

i didnt do a backup so if i buy the upgrade to 2018 quickbooks will all my past information be gone/

Solved
nikolayss
Level 1

Account management

i just want to know if i upgrade, if my past information that i had on the 2014 account will be saved if i do the upgrade to a newer year since i didn't do a back up
IntuitBrooks
Level 9

Account management

Yes. The latest version is QuickBooks Mac 2016. you can download the trial for free from <a rel="nofollow" target="_blank" href="http://www.qblittlesquare.com">www.qblittlesquare.com</a>  and try the upgrade to verify.  The trial will run for 30 days and include a link to purchase the real version of 2016.
tnmdegi
Level 1

Account management

I already upgraded to High Sierra, now it won't let me into Quickbooks 2014.  I uploaded trial of Quickbooks Mac 2016, but don't know how to move over data from the 2014
SkinnyRaven
Level 8

Account management

@tnmdegi from QB 2016 use file>open company and navigate to your company file, or use the browse option from the no company open window.
SkinnyRaven
Level 8

Account management

QB 2016 will open and upgrade your existing company file.

View solution in original post

nikolayss
Level 1

Account management

will it have all my past information on there?
IntuitBrooks
Level 9

Account management

Yes. Try the trial. Your old file will be opened but will remain on your hard disk.