'Quickbooks has stopped working' message
I just returned home from travel to find that my Quickbooks Pro 2018 Desktop program (Windows 10) is no longer working. It was working fine when I left but now I continue to get the "Quickbooks has stopped working" message as the program begins to start up. The error message is associated with the following details (below). Can anyone please provide guidance in terms of what my next step should be to resolve this problem.
Problem Event Name: BEX
Application Name: qbw32.exe
Application Version: 28.0.4010.2806
Application Timestamp: 5c05f930
Fault Module Name: ucrtbase.DLL
Fault Module Version: 10.0.[removed]
Fault Module Timestamp: 5adc1a6f
Exception Offset: 00087fc2
Exception Code: c0000409
Exception Data: 00000005
OS Version: 6.3.9600.2.0.0.256.48
Locale ID: 1033
Additional Information 1: d67f
Additional Information 2: d67f4a3ad9181ba5a035a02ee112e7d9
Additional Information 3: 3e40
Additional Information 4: 3e40149fe4b934318cef8b845577792c
Re: 'Quickbooks has stopped working' message
Hello there, @jdallaire.
Thanks for joining us here in the Community today. I can help you get past of the "Quickbooks has stopped working" message that you received and get you back to business.
There are several possible causes for this issue and several solutions which may resolve it. These are the following:
- Your company name is too long.
- Damaged or missing QBWUSER.INI file.
- Corruption on your hard drive.
- Damaged program files or QuickBooks Desktop installation.
- Damaged Windows operating system.
To get this fix, we can try to use the QuickBooks Install Diagnostic Tool.
- Download the QuickBooks Install DiagnosticTool.
- When prompted, save the file to the local Desktop.
- Close any open programs and run the QBInstall Tool.
- Restart the computer after running the tool to ensure the components are properly updated.
For more troubleshooting steps about this process, please refer to this article: QuickBooks Desktop won't open, has stopped working, or not responding.
However, if the issue persists after trying these steps, I'd suggest reaching out to our Customer Care Team. They have the tools which are essential in checking on what's causing the issue.
To do that:
- In your browser, navigate to https://help.quickbooks.intuit.com/en_US/contact.
- Choose QuickBooks Desktop.
- Click the issue or topic.
- Click the Green Phone button to see the support number.
Please let me know if I can be of additional assistance. I'll be around to help you out. Have a nice day!