An excerpt from the Interview:
• What made you start your venture?
We have been friends since our engineering days when we met at K.J. Somaiya College and we always had the dream of starting up a venture for the betterment of the Indian people.
While in engineering, may merit holders were not able to get a job and the ones that did were not happy with their pay. This is when we both thought that if good engineers are unable to get jobs, what about people who were less educated or those who were uneducated.
We decided to build a robust and simple business model to solve the country’s biggest problems – Unemployment and Lack of Financial Freedom. After passing out and spending 6 years in the I.T. industry, we worked together to build a solution for these problems. Finally after months of research & development, we gave birth to Rojjgar.com – Time Bachao, Paise Kamao!!
• What has been the key to your business’s success?
Today, after completing 67 years of independence, our nation is still considered as “Developing, And Not Developed”. The two major reasons for this are Unemployment and Poverty for which we are still searching for answers. We have got enough skills, talent, money, time so why are these problems not resolved? We all know that poverty is hitting our country badly and at times people are dying simply because they don’t have a living.
Rojjgar.com is an initiative to find a solution for all these problems. It is a platform where individuals, organizations and businesses can post their daily regular needs, household chores or other activities and easily find and connect with other people who can complete these for them and earn a living. Rojjgar.com is betting on a future where employment will seem much more like a series of small-scale agreements between businesses and labor than jobs in the traditional sense.
• What are the major challenges in your line of business and how did/do you overcome them?
We faced a lot of challenges in terms of business flow, processes, feasibility and adaptability of this model by the consumers and so on. The 4Ts formula helps us overcome these challenges: 1. Time – we are helping people save their time 2. Talent – we are helping people to make use of their talent at the right place 3. Trust – we are helping build trust among people 4. Task – we are helping people to locally outsource their daily tasks.
• Do you have a mentor who guides/advices you on matters of the business?
No, we have learned and followed the path of entrepreneurship and business strategies by reading books, watching webinars, videos of iconic self-made entrepreneurs who have changed the world dramatically. However going forward, we would need a mentor who can guide us through the path which would lead to simplifying the common man`s life further.
• Have you benefitted from the use of any specific technology for your regular operations?
Yes, definitely. We are living in the digital age and technology has eased our work and life. We have used the following forms and media of technology platforms for building this venture: 1. PHP programming 2. MySQL database
3. A wordpress blogging platform for blog.
4. Social networking platforms for marketing.
• What strategy do you follow for Customer Satisfaction & Expansion?
We do this by making it simple and different. We don’t want to ask the customers what they want and then built it, instead we give them something which is simple, unique and a leapfrog product or a service because customers don’t know what they want until they see it. Moreover, Rojjgar.com is FREE and will always be!
• What, according to you, are the top 3 skills needed to be a successful entrepreneur?
1. Vision – An entrepreneur should have the ability to look into the future and think of products, services which won’t exit soon, but will be needed. They have to be visionary.
2. Respect – An entrepreneur should always respect others and their ideas, opinions, and suggestions; no matter how stupid or crazy it sounds.
3. Passion – An entrepreneur should be passionate about their work, product, services or ideas. They should drive their passion to achieve results and goals to make their ideas a reality. They should not give up under any circumstances and have self-belief.
Visit their Website: http://www.rojjgar.com/ Like them on Facebook: Rojigar.com