Businesses have grown based on customer loyalty and an ever-expanding growth trajectory. When your business is criticized, you might take to criticism negatively and respond accordingly. The key lies not in how you react but what are the takeaways from criticism. You should use this criticism positively to see your business grow and better establish itself. It is important that small business owners develop a tough skin that allows you to go through these challenges. In order to improve your small business, here is how you can grow your business by positively taking on criticism:
- Separate yourself emotionally: When you grow your business and you are passionate about it or have a lot at stake, you take criticism personally. You should not be overwhelmed by it as criticism is used to help you see your business from an outsider’s point of view and helps you improve your business. It is important to listen to what your customers have to say as their feedback is vital to improving your business.
- Get a role model: While growing your business, it is important to have a strong support system and mentor. Get inspired by role models who know how to respond to criticism well and can help you understand how to react and create positive responses that would improve your business and increase engagement with your customers.
- Filter out unproductive feedback: Learn to filter feedback that is motivational rather than unproductive. You can review if they trying to put you down, or if they are being difficult for no reason or bringing up older unrelated issues. Use your instincts and stay focused on doing great work. Success is the best way to prove your critics wrong.
- Consult with people you trust: Evaluate your criticism and improve business with trusted colleagues. You need to get advice from people that are not biased and do not always agree with you. They can provide useful insights that can help you respond aptly.
- Promote the changes made: Make sure you tell people about the changes you made to improve business after negative reviews. Grow your business and maintain a healthy work atmosphere is a part of your business strategy. Considering these changes are inspired by a bad review is a start but you should also make them aware of it.
- Engage through social media: Be active on social media and be sure to proactive on Facebook, Twitter, Foursquare, and other accounts to keep the public informed. This will let your customers know that you are listening to them and making improvements based on their suggestions. This enables them to know that they are not being ignored and help them engage with you and continue business relations.
- Look at criticism as an opportunity to improve: Whether you are an entrepreneur or partner in SME business, criticism is a useful indicator to improve business and grow your business. The feedback that you get can be used to help you adapt and grow. This may lead to innovation with your products and services.
The more you get to know about your business, the greater your business is likely to grow and develop. Take positive reviews as testimonials and showcase the same on your website and company brochures to share their rich experience. Negative reviews always give you space to improve and grow.
To grow your business, you need to commit to customer satisfaction and back it up with a concrete plan. One negative comment from an unhappy customer can be influential on your loyal customer base. You need to increase the amount of engagement and embrace reviews whether negative or positive and grow your business by winning over more fans.