YouTube has opened up an entire new platform for marketing and branding, changing considerably the face of traditional marketing. It started off as a great marketing tool for those who did not have deep pockets for their marketing spends.
Inexpensive and offering instant virality, YouTube was the upcoming artist’s, the start-up’s, the newly set-up’s recourse. But not any longer. Large organizations have since then understood the power of YouTube, and not wanting to be left behind, have joined it in hordes.
Why Should You Be On YouTube?
Remember, YouTube is owned by Google, the most popular search engine in the world – Google frequently places videos and search results from sites it owns prominently. Going by that logic, being on YouTube helps in your business’s search-ability and SEO as you can take advantage of universal search results.
• YouTube hosts large videos that can otherwise take up valuable space in your own website. It makes more business sense to load your video on YouTube and then embed on your website or your blog.
• Adding videos of your product or service can lead to increased footfalls in your business’s website as well as media, both traditional and digital, coverage. Virality is easily achieved via YouTube as videos can be easily shared on other networking sites such as Facebook, Twitter etc
• Should you desire additional features and benefits, become a YouTube Partner and avail such extra benefits as the customized profile page, revenue generation, copyright your videos and increased search-ability.
How To Get Your Business Into YouTube?
• Step-1: Create your account with a good Username. Your natural choice should be the name of your business as that will help you secure every mileage for your business.
• Step-2: Include relevant business information in your YouTube profile, so that people can find you easily on this channel. Information should be strictly professional. Hence, stay away from personal sections such as books, movies, interests etc.
• Step-3: Create appropriate titles and tags for you profile so that people find you easily. Click the ‘Settings’ button for this. Also, customize the look by choosing your brand colour and background image by clicking ‘Theme & Colours’.
• Step-4: Change the edit settings so that you can upload an appropriate photo, such as your logo or company image, as the profile image. Check the email options such that you receive email alerts. Also, check ‘Activity Sharing’, so that you can make simultaneous updates on your business’s Facebook, LinkedIn and Twitter profiles.
• Step-5: This step is for what you created the YouTube account – to upload your videos. Videos could be of your product/service range, on ‘How-To-Use’ the product, client testimonials if you can secure them, milestones or important events. Care should be taken to include only professional quality videos as you wouldn’t want your brand value to be diminished or diluted by silly, half-baked videos.
• Step-6: Finally, promote your video. Add a YouTube icon on your website or blog and link it to your YouTube profile. Comments on other videos in the same industry to catch visitor attention.