LinkedIn is considered by many as the largest professional networking site in the world, it can be a goldmine in terms of targeting the professional and business audience. Now, with advertisements, you can create rich opportunities to reach your prospects and build your Small Business. The most important feature of LinkedIn advertising is that it allows specific targeting of the profile of audience you want to reach out to, thereby leading to more conversions while making you spend minimally. Here are a few guidelines to follow while setting up your Ads on LinkedIn
- Make the ad simple Ads on LinkedIn need to be simple, short yet effective. You have at your disposal, 100 characters to create an impact – 25 for your headline and 75 for the description. Effective ad copies have direct, concise copy with a clear and a strong call to action. It is advisable to focus on just one call to action and weave your ad copy around it, so that your target audience doesn’t lose interest while reading your ad.
- Add an image Clicks on your advertisement can drastically increase if your content is supplemented with an image. Surveys suggest that visual cues are more appealing than mere text. Images accompanying your ad should be eye-catching and hold the reader’s attention while at the same time remaining consistent with the formal tone of your brand.
- Think of rewards If your objective is for people to click on your advertisement and take action, then you must provide them with a suitable incentive or reward – a discount, or a free trial etc. The rewards you are offering should be boldly and prominently mentioned in your ad.
- Target customers carefully
For the ads, create a ‘customer persona’ and start segmenting your audience demographics based on the persona you’ve created – by age, by gender, by geography and by industry.
- Budgeting for your ads LinkedIn ads operate on a CPC (cost-per-click) or CPM (cost per 1000 impressions basis). Prices vary according to the ad’s target audience and other competitors’ ads. LinkedIn recommends that you should ‘bid high’ while launching your campaign, and gives you a suggested bid price. High bids ensure that the ad will be displayed at a good position with a strong Click-through-rate. Once launched, you can always lower the bid later.
- Use analytics data Use the analytical data to understand which images, copy and phrases attract audiences and clicks. Once you’ve understood how and why your ads behave in a certain way, you’ll be better prepared for your next campaign.
LinkedIn ads provide a great way to reach a niche of business professionals. It also provides an opportunity to click through directly to company forms, whitepapers and event registrations. In effect, it aggregates all professional content in one place and shows the customer what is most important to him/her.