In a previous post we discussed how you can create infographics for your Small Business. In this post we will examine why it is and continues to be an effective tool that you need to have in your marketing arsenal. While it may take time and investment on your part as the Small Business owner, many brands find that the Infographic is a simple yet vital element in their Marketing mix, here’s why:
• Visually Appealing: In today’s marketplace the image has gained prominence over all other means of communication. The Infographic with its blend of text, numbers and strong imagery appeals greatly to the customer and potential client of today.
• Quick Information: In the current fast-paced world, the faster and more concisely information can be transmitted the better it is for your brand. An infographic allows you to communicate with your target audience in a quick manner, increases your brand awareness and creates a professional brand image for your business.
• Virality: An Infographic is a tool that is extremely sharable. Studies have also shown that content with strong images are 94% more effective as they generate more views. The more attractive and informative your infographic is, the more likely people are going to embed it in emails, repost it in blogs and share it on Social Media.
• Expert Positioning : When you understand and crack the formula for an effective infographic, you are then perceived as a leader of expert in your industry. A simple but well put together infographic will add to your credentials as a thought leader and help you reach a new audience and generate new business leads.
• SEO Benefits: If your infographic is widely shared, it will generate more back links to your business’s website and improve your Google page rank. This will in turn improve where your company appears on search results. Through choosing the right set of keywords for the image, you could also increase the traffic to your website through image searches.
• Longer Page Visits: As infographics increase traffic to your website, they also increase the time spent by visitors on your page. While case studies and longer campaign summaries add value to your business, an infographic as a visual representation holds visitors attention for longer and increases their interest in your business.
• Better Brand Recall and Awareness: Due to the visual nature of infographics, they create better brand recall in the minds of consumers and other businesses. It is important to use your Brand colors in your infographics so that people immediately begin to recognise your business and create an association with the infographics that they see online.
• Portable: As your infographic will be a PNG or Jpeg file, it can be used for a variety of content marketing strategies. Your Small Business could use it on social channels, on your website or campaign landing page, embed it in your company’s blog, post it on various relevant content sharing sites and also use it as a format for award submissions.
These are just some of the reasons why Infographics continue to matter for businesses. You will also find that the process of content creation for an infographic will give you a better idea of how to market the services or product you have and the areas that can be improved.