The new QuickBooks app IOS version 4.4 has now a new feature, of supporting Multicurrency. To activate the Multicurrency feature, you have to turn it on in QuickBooks Online on the web. Just a reminder: if you turn Multicurrency on, you will not be able to turn it off. Here’s how you can turn on Multicurrency option:
- Click the Gear Go to Company Settings > Advanced > Currency.
- Click the (1) Multicurrency
- Click on the (2) “I understand I can’t undo Multicurrency” checkbox.
- Click Save.
So here’s something you can do with the Multicurrency feature turned on in your QuickBooks iOS 4.4 version:
1. You can allocate foreign currency to(3) customers(4), vendors, banks, and credit cards. Most used currencies appear at the top of the
(5) Choose the Currency list.
2. When you choose a foreign currency payee or account in a transaction, you’ll see its current exchange rate
(6). You can change the exchange rate
(7) if required. Enter the transaction amount in the foreign currency, and QuickBooks will show the equivalent amount in your home currency
3. QuickBooks IOS app is offering foreign currency support on expenses, invoices, payments, sales receipts, and estimates.
Update QuickBooks iPhone / iPad If you are using QuickBooks mobile app on iOS versions older than 4.33 and Android versions older than 4.1, you may get an update, ‘you should really upgrade now’. We have made some changes in our app to give you better user experience, and it is imperative that you upgrade to the latest version, as we will be retiring the older versions.
This new update includes improved sign-in security to protect our customers’ data. If you have not upgraded your app by Feb 29, 2016, you may not be able to log in from it anymore, although the web version will work just fine.
The app comes free with your QuickBooks Online subscription. And if you haven’t got the app yet, the latest update is available at the Apple iTunes Store: QuickBooks Online for iPhone/iPad