Founded by Madan Ganesh Velayudham, ActOnMagic delivers Cloud Intelligence, Governance and Control for Enterprises and SMEs. Its flagship product, ActOnCloud Platform provides intelligent management platform to manage public, private and hybrid cloud. Madan also mentors several startups part of Google LaunchPad program. We chatt with him about the venture. An excerpt from the interview:
- What made you start your venture?
The Entrepreneur’s bug! There is more kick in creating our destiny than following some one else. We had the burning desire to build a product company out of India and create jobs to build innovative products solving the world’s problems.
- What has been the key to your business’s success?
We believe our product speaks for its value. This is our secret sauce. However connections and partners system is the key for our current success. Like Steve Job said “Connecting the dots”. As an entrepreneur, we need to connect the dots that we built in the past; also continue to build enough dots and keep connecting them in future.
- What are the major challenges in your line of business and how did/do you overcome them?
As we are one of the few enterprise startups, access to CXOs and the need to cut down sales cycle were potential killers for us. We addressed this by showcasing our thought leaderships in “Cloud Computing” with product showcases, speaking at several industry events. We launched SaaS offerings to help CXOs and Prospects to get a feel of the product upfront which helped reduce the sales cycle.
- Do you have a mentor who guides/advices you on matters of the business?
Yes, mentors and our own customers/prospects guide us. Each interaction with the customer gives us great insights in to do better things.
- Have you benefitted from the use of any specific technology for your regular operations?
We build, eat and sleep technology. Yes, we benefited from use of the technologies (Google Apps, Bitbucket, Hudson, Software tools) to improve our productivity by automation.
- What strategy do you follow for Customer Satisfaction & Expansion?
We believe in preventing problems rather than solving a problem. So we have built enough analytics in the system, which predicts customer satisfaction levels and gives us enough data points to improve, to keep up the customer satisfaction. Building a scalable partner eco system to resell our services to their existing customer base would enable us to expand.
- What, according to you, are the top 3 skills needed to be a successful entrepreneur?
- Never Give Up Attitude
- Ability to attract great talent
- Hunger to learn and grow