Founded by Sahil Parikh, Brightpod is a project management software for marketing teams. Sahil previously ran a successful tech company in the US and returned to India with the dream to build a product that would provide value to thousands of businesses around the world, and most importantly, one that is conceptualized and developed in India. We chat with Sahil.
An Excerpt from the Interview
• What made you start your venture?
I wanted to build a global software product from India. Think about it, how many web apps that you use daily are created and developed by teams in India?
• What has been the key to your business’s success?
We are guided by making clean, easy to use and feature-rich software to help people work smart, save time and enjoy the finer things in life. This is what helps us stay on track and delight our customers.
• What are the major challenges in your line of business and how did/do you overcome them?
1. Hiring product guys in India is a huge challenge since most of them come from a service background.
2. People are too used to email for work delegation and planning. Unless it comes from within, it is a challenge to convince people to use a system to track projects.
• Do you have a mentor who guides/advices you on matters of the business?
I don’t have one mentor but am part of different CEO/Founder groups so we learn from each other.
• Have you benefitted from the use of any specific technology for your regular operations?
Yes, I use Buffer to schedule tweets, SEMRush to do competitor keyword research, Intercom/ Campaign Monitor to send out email marketing newsletters and Mention to monitor what people are talking about on social channels.
• What strategy do you follow for Customer Satisfaction & Expansion?
There is no strategy. We just concentrate on making sure customers are happy when they come in contact with our website, software and our team. Happy customers tell other people and that is the core of how we expand our customer base.
• What, according to you, are the top 3 skills needed to be a successful entrepreneur?
The top 3 skills are: – Good communicator – writing and speaking – Plan everything – Manage money wisely. Visit their Website: http://www.brightpod.com/ Follow them on Twitter: @brightpodapp