An Excerpt from the Interview:
• What made you start your venture?
My father has been living with diabetes for the last 30 years and recently my mom was diagnosed with Type 2 diabetes as well. Unfortunately, Diabetes doesn’t have a cure yet so the only option for people like my parents is to manage their Diabetes in a much better way.
The current solutions like recording the Glucometer logs are primitive and don’t offer any insights to people with Diabetes or to their doctors. That’s when we thought we could make a change here and started working on Diabeto.
• What has been the key to your business’s success?
We haven’t launched the product yet but are getting pre-orders from all over the world. People want solutions which can make their lives better one step at a time and I guess, that’s what we are trying to do. We are listening to our testers and doctors, and giving them what they want.
• What are the major challenges in your line of business and how did/do you overcome them?
Bringing behavioral changes in lifestyle diseases such as Diabetes is one of the most difficult parts, of course that means, adopting new technology on a daily basis is a pain. The change has to be brought upon by systematic patient education and also by key drivers such as doctors. We are getting accepted by doctors/hospitals/organisations and that’s overcoming a huge hurdle already.
• Do you have a mentor who guides/advices you on matters of the business?
Of course, we have a team of advisors who guide us with every aspect, both from a medical and business stand point.
• Have you benefitted from the use of any specific technology for your regular operations? We use project management software and bug tracking softwares on a daily basis to track the progress of the product.
• What strategy do you follow for Customer Satisfaction & Expansion?
We follow certain parameters for continuous feedback, measuring and later when we have our product in the market – retaining customers. At this stage, measuring the metric of customer expectation and delivering more than that is our focus.
• What, according to you, are the top 3 skills needed to be a successful entrepreneur? 1. Punctuality 2. Persistence 3. Passion Find out more about Diabeto: http://diabe.to/ Like them on Facebook: Diabeto