An Excerpt from the Interview:
• What made you start your venture?
Finding love in big cities can be quite difficult, there are more chances of having misses than hits. Keeping the younger generation in mind succumbing to arranged marriages online seems pointless too. Stemming from this thought and a need to reinvent match-making online, ‘MatchMeCupid’ was set up.
• What has been the key to your business’s success?
Consistent hard work, belief in yourself and not giving up
• What are the major challenges in your line of business and how did you overcome them?
The major challenges were: – Establishing the credibility of the brand -Ensuring only serious members come on board -Handling unreal expectations of clients
How we handled them
-We targeted and selected only cosmopolitan crowd – We built the initial dataset only through references This helped in building the credibility of the brand -We have relationship managers who explain to the members what we can deliver and what might not be possible
• Do you have a mentor who guides/advices you on matters of the business?
Virtually, we have a lot of gurus. Otherwise we rely on family support.
• Have you benefitted from the use of any specific technology for your regular operations?
We use free tools like tweetdeck (managing social media), mailchimp (for sending emailers) and zoho docs. Since we are not a funded firm yet, we focus on getting free tools and get the most out of them.
• What strategy do you follow for Customer Satisfaction & Expansion?
Matchmecupid was launched in Mumbai as a pilot test. After a successful 1 year stint we expanded to Delhi, Bangalore and Pune. We first test the waters and then only expand. Customer Satisfaction is dependent on the profiles we have, and our excellent customer service.
• What, according to you, are the top 3 skills needed to be a successful entrepreneur?
The three skills for success are: -Faith in your product and make changes when required, be ready to evolve the product -Patience and resilience -Networking: Need to be in touch with as many people as possible
Find out more about Matchmecupid, visit: http://matchmecupid.com/ Like them on Facebook: Matchme Cupid /span>