Spas and Wellness are in Seema Nanda’s blood. The Nomadic Spalon founder hails from a family that has been in the Spa business for over 35 years. After spending time learning about aroma oils and therapies and being involved in running the family portfolio of Spa & Wellness, Seema ventured to start her own company. We chat with Seema about the venture. An Excerpt from the Interview:
- What made you start your venture?
Whys and Whats are always brightening and motivational. Fame, money, curiosity circumstance, whim or worry are the drivers of starting any endeavour. My Venture “The Nomadic Spalon” grew in part as an extension of my love for beauty, wellness and spas. Saving unnecessary time driving and dealing with traffic snarls and busy lifestyles, The Nomadic Spalon caters to high end, personalized services in the comfort of your home.
- What has been the key to your business’s success?
Winning and keeping customers. Building relationships with the customers has been key.
- What are the major challenges in your line of business and how did/do you overcome them?
We provide spa and salon treatments in the comfort of clients homes/ space. Availability of trained staff for home service, security of the staff etc are a few challenges. Hiring is a big challenge.
- Do you have a mentor who guides/advices you on matters of the business?
The Nomadic Spalon is mentored by IIM Bangalore NSRCEL Mentors and advisors. Many spa and salon industry veterans are also mentoring us to leap forward. NSRCEL has been inspiring in mentoring us. Their support is pivotal to make our idea a reality.
- Have you benefitted from the use of any specific technology for your regular operations?
Yes, the client managing software called Easypos and GPS trackers for our cars
- What strategy do you follow for Customer Satisfaction & Expansion?
Our focus is cost effective packages, best products, trained staff, thus resulting in a wow experience at home for the client. Monthly reminders, reminders for new packages, birthday and anniversary packages etc are a few things that we imbibe. Most of our ideas come from the clients. We also design customised strategies which have helped our clients. We are expanding and plan to open 3 more outlets in NCR IN 2015 .Referrals and word of mouth generate a majority of our leads , networks, corporate tie ups, events are also proving effective for us.
- What, according to you, are the top 3 skills needed to be a successful entrepreneur?
- Planning and execution- Keeping a daily weekly, monthly, yearly execution and contingency plan
- Identifying the core strengths of the team
- Changing the services and products as per the changing times