Founded by Kalpit and Kavita Jain, WAGmob began by building customer apps in the field of education. Their business has grown to be three pronged- they enable sales professionals to learn faster and sell effectively, allow business professionals to learn faster and deliver business results and help students learn faster and achieve academic success. We chat with the founders. An excerpt from the Interview:
- What made you start your venture?
We realized that selling skills are the number one need in business training and mobile devices can play a vital role to help.
- What has been the key to your business’s success?
We have focused on solving a burning customer problem: How to quickly onboard sales reps and get them to learn faster and sell faster. This has helped in our success.
- What are the major challenges in your line of business and how did/do you overcome them?
The biggest challenge has been getting customers to discover our brand and try our software. We are finding that blogs and LinkedIn are amazing sources for traction.
- Do you have a mentor who guides/advices you on matters of the business?
Yes we have Dave Stein, Mike Kunkle and Tibor Shanto as mentors. Each one is expert in the field of sales.
- Have you benefitted from the use of any specific technology for your regular operations?
We use cloud software from Google and Microsoft to run our business.
- What strategy do you follow for Customer Satisfaction & Expansion?
Regular Communication and ensuring that both good and bad information is communicated with true transparency is at the core of our customer strategy.
- What, according to you, are the top 3 skills needed to be a successful entrepreneur?
- Problem identification: Identification of a problem in a large enough market for which customers will pay money to solve
- Solution definition: Focus on solving that problem with all of your energy and focus
- Sales and marketing: Once you have a product market fit focus 50% of your energy on sales and marketing.