Ministry of Corporate Affairs (MCA) rolled out a project named MCA 21 with the objective to:
- simplify forms,
- make such forms e-centric and
- promote online transactions
Before implementation of this project, processes with regards to sorting, storage and retrieval of paper based records were extremely challenging. Manual data collection and verification processes resulted in long queues outside the government offices.
This led to the implementation of the MCA 21 Programme to bring about corporate reforms, good governance and regulation. The intent behind such a programme was:
- to enable businesses to register company and file documents digitally
- help public to access records easily and quickly
- enable professionals to offer efficient services to their customers
- help MCA to warrant effective compliance with regards to laws and corporate governance
Digital Signature Certificate is a part of MCA 21 Programme for e-governance. This article talks about the concept of DSC, types of DSCs and the procedure to register for DSC.