Whether you are running your business from an office or from the living room of your house, there is one-thing small businesses cannot survive without – Innovation. It has become crucial for small businesses to innovate and keep up with the changing technology in order to succeed in the market. As an entrepreneur, you have to figure out numerous plans and strategies on your own, without any help or guidance from others.
Technology and the internet may be the only resources you can depend on for important business information and advice. They enable you to access markets beyond the four walls and helps you understand the developments in the world economy better.
There are numerous helpful resources available to help the small businesses; however, the internet offers some of the best. Here are 5 excellent websites that can help small businesses owners learn new skills and grow their business.
1. Canvas: Canvas is a popular mass open online course (MOOC) which offers a range of short online programs on various topics. Two of the courses that might interest a small business owner are Copyright Clarity and Projecting Your Brand through New Media. These two courses will help the small business owners understand the importance of having a presence online as well as its norms.
2. HubSpot: HubSpot is one of the top inbound marketing companies who offer integrated marketing software. This software is intended to help the big brands build engagement online, however they also offer programs for the small businesses as well. HubSpot has a certificate program called – HubSpot’s Inbound Marketing Training Program and Certification, which is meant for start-ups and small businesses. This program has 18 free marketing courses to help any new entrepreneurs boost their marketing game.
3. Coursera: Coursera is a popular educational platform offering a multitude of online courses for students and entrepreneurs. This is one such online knowledge hub built to help the start ups and small businesses learn and better their trade.
4. eDx: eDx is another online platform which offers free online courses from the top universities around the world. Courses like Entrepreneurship 101 and Entrepreneurship 102 are specially designed for entrepreneurs looking to improve their craft and keep their customers happy.
5. MIT Open Courseware: MIT Open courseware is a web-based program of all MIT-course content. There are tons of programs available that are specially designed for the entrepreneurs and it is completely free of cost. Some of their popular programs for the small entrepreneurs are New Enterprises, Entrepreneurial Marketing: Major Themes, Strategic Marketing Measurement and Listening to the Customer. These are some of the top websites that will help small business owners build, grow their business and keep up with the changing world. Apart from these online courses, be sure to watch and follow important news outlets for tips and suggestions on running a successful business.