If you have an online business, then you would be competing with a community of websites for traffic generation. And soon you will discover that administering the website is not as easy and glamorous as it appears!!! You need a skillful person/ team that fuse graphics and interface with applications!!! However, with many service providers offering similar services at almost similar prices, selecting the right agency to suit your needs becomes a complex task. We will guide you through the process of selecting a digital agency that suits your requirements.
Who are you looking for?
An agency that can design the website and can also maintain it through backend scripting and programming/ implementation is what you need.
What is their experience?
To deal with a broad range of tasks including:
• The agency should be capable to handle everything from conception to completion like: o Registering and maintaining the website’s domain name o Designing the website or supervising page designers and programmers o Monitoring the size of the site to ensure allowed bandwidth and disk space is not exceeded o Planning future growth, requirements and limitations of the website
• If you are planning to start an e-commerce site selling products or services, you need a robust e-commerce platform. Make sure that the agency you chose has experience in hosting and managing e-commerce sites
• Also, you need to look for agencies with experience in internet marketing and search engine optimization. Be sure that they’re creating a site for you that meet your larger marketing and business goals. Your website should not only attract online footfalls but it should also convert visitors into customers
How Client-Friendly are they?
Assess if the agency is dependable, available as per your need and has a professional approach towards work. Sometimes you will need things changed quickly, or have server issue or an emergency.
You would want the team from the agency to assist you with your needs during or after business hours. Before signing a contract, make sure you ask them these questions, read their reviews or take references of past or current clients and talk to them. The relationship with a digital agency is in for a long haul; hence make sure that they don’t indulge in certain unethical practices:
• Make sure the agency doesn’t create shadow domains. If the relationship sours, they may point the domain to a different site or even to a competitor’s domain. If that happens, you would have paid to develop a competing site owned entirely by the agency.
• Be careful that they don’t put links to their other clients on doorway pages. These doorway pages often contain hidden links to their other clients as well. Such doorway pages drain away the link popularity of a site and route it to other clients, which may include sites with illegal content. Remember, picking the right agency can really affect your online success. Hence, do not take it lightly as it might be a big headache and costly for you to switch or make adjustments later on.