What is a Debit Note?
A Debit Note is a financial document that is sent by the Buyer to the seller if goods are returned. Through the Debit Note, the buyer tells the seller that goods are returned and for what amount. Seller treats the Debit Note as an intimation to return money to the buyer.
When is a Debit Note issued?
A Debit Note can be issued when:
- The amount charged as tax in the invoice is less than what is actually payable
- More goods get supplied than what has been ordered under the original invoice
Do your Debit notes quickly through QuickBooks by following some simple steps:
- Click “+New” on the left upper corner
- Under the “SUPPLIERS” menu select “Debit Note”
- Select the “Supplier” name to whom the Debit Note will be issued or add the supplier if not created earlier.
- Fill in the required details – date, category, description, amount, tax, amount, billable, mark up, client info
- Click “Save & Close”