QuickBooks + Square. Better together.
Transactions from Square automatically appear within QuickBooks.
Do away with manual data entry
Your sales, fees, taxes, tips and discounts
automatically import into QuickBooks
overnight, saving you time.
Easily reconcile your books
Your deposits, payments, refunds, and
fees are matched against your bank
statement, helping to keep your books
up to date.
Invoices are created automatically
When you make a sale, the transaction
and product details - including the
category - are captured so you can easily
View all your fees in one place
QuickBooks makes it easy to create a
custom report that shows you all your
payment processing fees associated with
A powerful connection that makes business sense.
QuickBooks is a game-changer for any small business.
Manage your business on the go
Create invoices, take photos of receipts
or see your company's activities from the
QuickBooks mobile app anytime,
Always know what's in stock
Track your inventory in QuickBooks.
When you buy and sell inventory,
the quantities and value are
Easily manage customers & vendors
Keep all of your customer and vendor
information, including their full history,
organized and accessible in one place.
Connect to apps you already use
Sync data from popular apps like
TSheets, Shopify, PayPal and many
Work with your accountant
Collaborate with your team or accountant
online.4 Files sync to allow simultaneous
If you need help with QuickBooks,
support is available to help 6am-6pm
Try QuickBooks Online for 30 days.
Getting started is easy.
What is the Sync with Square app?
The app is a one-way integration that imports your sales transactions from Square into QuickBooks (but not from QuickBooks into Square) each night. Once activated, the app monitors your Square account for all transactions, including sales, refunds, taxes, tips, and discounts.
How are transactions imported?
Each night, all sales recorded within Square are brought over to QuickBooks as an invoice, with the appropriate details. These details include: the item name and quantity sold, discounts, shipping charges, and taxes. Bank deposit and transaction fees charged by Square are also automatically imported.
What if I use QuickBooks Desktop?
The Sync with Square app does not work with QuickBooks Desktop. However, we do have a third party integration with CommerceSync, which functions similarly. Learn more.
Have more questions? See the rest of our FAQs.
- QuickBooks Online requires a computer with a supported Internet browser (Chrome 41 or later, Firefox 36 or later, Internet Explorer 10 or later, Safari 6.2 or later) and an Internet connection (a high-speed connection is recommended). The QuickBooks Online mobile and QuickBooks Self-Employed mobile companion apps work with iPhone, iPad, and Android phones and tablets. Devices sold separately; data plan required. Not all features are available on the mobile apps and mobile browser. QuickBooks Online mobile access is included with your QuickBooks Online subscription at no additional cost. Data access is subject to cellular/internet provider network availability and occasional downtime due to system and server maintenance and events beyond your control. Product registration required.
- Inventory tracking is available only with QuickBooks Online Plus
- Each application may have its own terms and fees.
- Invite up to two accounting professionals, such as your accountant or bookkeeper, to access your data. Once they accept your invitation, they will automatically be signed up for QuickBooks Online Accountant, allowing them to access your data.
- Phone support is free during the 30-day trial and included with your paid subscription to QuickBooks Online. Phone support is available Monday through Friday between 6 am - 6 pm PST. Your subscription must be current. Intuit reserves the right to limit the length of the call. Terms, conditions, features, pricing, service and support are subject to change without notice.
Terms, conditions, pricing, features, service and support are subject to change without notice.